Sponsored by:

Frustrated with Sound controls

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:51 PM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Frustrated with Sound controls

I'm having to reset my "Sound" controls on average of once per week. Sometimes the settings will remain the same for a week or two then I have to reset them every day for a while. I've checked out the OM and it does tell you how to set the trebel/bass/surround via the sound button in the center stack, but there appears to be no "save" fuction...

Also, I noticed that you can't set the sound settings for all media, initially, I had to set the sound for different SAT/FM stations in the same band. Help a fellow out here and clue me it to what I'm missing?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:52 PM
skinzy
Instructor

Your key fob stores information about settings of seat, ac, stereo and other items. Go to the iManual and there is a video on how to set.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Odo3
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

It's tied to the key(s). Do all your sound settings and then press "SET" (driver's door) and the corresponding key number.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:34 PM
HotLap
Racer

Originally Posted by Odo3
It's tied to the key(s). Do all your sound settings and then press "SET" (driver's door) and the corresponding key number.
Ah ha! thanks guys, I have the seats, mirrors, steering wheel all set through the key fob, didn't realize the sound settings needed to be set through the key fob as well. But wait, since I've had the sound/seat/mirror/steering wheel settings all set since day 1 with the car, and I did use the memory/set button (till you hear the beep), shouldn't that have set the sound settings with my key fob (as well as all the other settings)? Is there a special sequence for setting the sound settings with the key fob? So why would ONLY my sound settings keep reverting back to stock settings and not the other settings?
Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 PM
skinzy
Instructor

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...hicle-settings

Enjoy

Quick Reply: Frustrated with Sound controls