Sponsored by:

coasting feature

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 03:02 PM
c4-toy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question coasting feature

I know on the PDK trans there is the coasting feature and works automatically whe you let off the accelerator pedal, i suppose on the manual you would have to put the car in neutral to accomplish the same thing or is there some other feature for manual cars?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by c4-toy
I know on the PDK trans there is the coasting feature and works automatically whe you let off the accelerator pedal, i suppose on the manual you would have to put the car in neutral to accomplish the same thing or is there some other feature for manual cars?
It's a PDK feature. The manual box has the rather more driver-centric feature known as a "clutch pedal" which performs a remarkably similar function. : )
Old 07-16-2012, 08:20 PM
c4-toy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
It's a PDK feature. The manual box has the rather more driver-centric feature known as a "clutch pedal" which performs a remarkably similar function. : )
You are right I should have known better, my MT 991 not in yet I guess i've been away from manual transmission too long since I sold my 993 3 yrs ago for an auto Audi S5 cab. Now I'm back as dealer just told me got my vin# today!

Quick Reply: coasting feature