Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAB owners....recall on the auto windscreen!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 12:12 PM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CAB owners....recall on the auto windscreen!

Not sure if this is an official "recall" o rnot, but I received a letter from Porsche (Tim Quinn/VP AfterSales) about the windscreen having issues closing completely. Porsche is asking that we take our CABs to our LPD to have the necessary "rework" done at our earliest oppty.

Any CAB owners out there have issues with your wind deflector not closing properly?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:53 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Got the same letter but have not had any issues with the wind deflector or roof closing with the wind deflector up. It automatically retracts when closing the roof, as it is supposed to. Mine is a 4/12 build.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:50 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 323 Likes on 195 Posts

I know one dealer who had an inventory car that they could not start because of some such problem. They were awaiting some fix and apparently it has arrived so I guess Porsche want to avoid owners from a similar fate.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:15 PM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCBH
Got the same letter but have not had any issues with the wind deflector or roof closing with the wind deflector up. It automatically retracts when closing the roof, as it is supposed to. Mine is a 4/12 build.
Same here, mine's an April build as well, I think I'm going to wait and see if it ever happens to me, if so then I'll take it in. Haven't had the best of luck with my LPD Service dept.

Quick Reply: CAB owners....recall on the auto windscreen!