Originally Posted by pt767
Great looking car! Are those wheels the 19's or 20's?....thnx
Thanks! The wheels are 20's.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:57 AM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by nicoff
Yes it is Dark Blue Metallic. My old 997 was Basalt Black Metallic and I wanted another Basalt Black Metallic until my wife said that she liked the Dark Blue Metallic better. Without her approval, it would have been an uphill battle. So now that I have a dark blue metallic, and I can tell you that this car color has grown on me. It has hues that make it look black under certain light and blue in other conditions. And, I am starting to like the blue hues just as much too. So we are both happy.

One more thing: the 991 brakes. They are more responsive than in the 997. Less pressure on the pedal and yet faster response and braking power (did Porsche put a "sport" mode on the brakes?!).

With all the comfort features of the 991, this car has become really a luxury car (first) and a sports car (second). Porsche will still make the GT3s, turbos and other hardcore 911s for the old faithful. But (I think) that they are aiming to entice the lovers of other luxury car brands like Mercedes and Jaguars and convert them into the Porsche faith. Maybe there is a convergence going on here: Porsche is coming from the sports world adding ever more luxury features to these vehicles while the Mercedes/Jaguar(?) brand is trying to become more sporty. Just a thought.
+1 and its easier for porsche to add luxury than it is for mb, jag, etc to add sportiness. maserati is good comparison for 991 too
Old 05-22-2012, 12:41 PM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice!!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:02 PM
nicoff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more thing, the automatic shut-off feature: With the manual transmission, after the engine turns itself off, all it takes is to push the clutch to have the engine turn on again.
By the time the clutch is half way in, the engine is already running so you place the car in first and go without any delay. At night, I was concerned about the engine not running and what effect it had on the lighting. I saw NO noticeable change in the power of the headlights while the engine was not running or when the engine started running again. I wonder what provisions have been made when the battery gets old and weak.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:00 PM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice report on your new 991 Cab and congrats!! I just traded my 2009 C2S Cab (manual trans) for a new 991 C2S Cab with PDK. I have to admit the PDK is growing on me and I hope I don't end up missing the manual too much. Compared to my '09 this new Porsche is completely changed. The "raw" edge is gone replaced with increased luxury and refinement (not to mention too many new gadgets to mention here). As the OP noted, it appears Porsche is aiming more for the high end luxury sport enthusiast, rather than the pure sport enthusiast. I traded a loaded 2008 M3 vert for my 997.2 CS2 cab and was let down by the lack of luxury/options & refinement as compared with the M3. I did adapt and really grew to appreciate the "seat of the pants/on rails" raw edge of the 997.2, now I'm readjusting to the luxury and refinement of the new 991. So far I like it a lot - just different than the 997.2 was. Kudos on the ventilated seats and high end leather throughout the cabin. Also like the more aggressive sound of the new 991 and am becoming comfortable with the PDK shifting...the "back blip" effect is pretty amazing as well.

Quick Reply: 991 Cab with MT, Quick Report