Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 991 Umber leather interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally showed up in Canada now - i love that colour. not showing up on the Boxster though
Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 AM
nsblue
7th Gear

hmm... would umber work with a platinum silver exterior?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Originally Posted by nsblue
hmm... would umber work with a platinum silver exterior?
I believe it will. I personally think that it will work better with GT Silver, not Platinum. But it also depends on rims, interior trim and what you actually like. I have seen leather sample and exterior colour sample. How it looks on a car, I will find out in about 3 months.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I have Cocoa (slightly darker than Umber) in my Arctic Silver Carrera and I love it. Your proposed combo should look great.
I had a look at umber leather sample in my local dealership and was quite surprised how much it is different from what you've posted here and what is in configurator. It looks more like grey brown. Still nice colour though.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Umber looks sharp!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman Dudinov
I had a look at umber leather sample in my local dealership and was quite surprised how much it is different from what you've posted here and what is in configurator. It looks more like grey brown. Still nice colour though.
I know photos can distort color and when I originally took those I tried to do it in light that properly reflected Umber in my car. I honestly think it's a close representation of what my Cayenne interior looks like. I don't see grey in it in real life and can't speak to the dealer's sample. I hope it turns out to be what you want when you see it in your car.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:21 AM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I know photos can distort color and when I originally took those I tried to do it in light that properly reflected Umber in my car. I honestly think it's a close representation of what my Cayenne interior looks like. I don't see grey in it in real life and can't speak to the dealer's sample. I hope it turns out to be what you want when you see it in your car.
Well, at least it will make waiting more exciting
Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

I am thinking of ordering yellow but am tired of black interiors, any thoughts of yellow exterior with umber or cocoa interior?
Old 06-07-2012, 03:05 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
I am thinking of ordering yellow but am tired of black interiors, any thoughts of yellow exterior with umber or cocoa interior?
Cocoa is no longer available; it would have to be Espresso (which is a shade or two darker than Cocoa) or Umber. Of those two I think Espresso would work better with yellow. Just my opinion.....
Old 06-07-2012, 03:14 AM
enduro963
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome! Go for it!!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:36 AM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

I suppose espresso is a better choice since cocoa is not available anymore and umber is a bit too light. Espresso should work.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:43 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

ok, expresso it is....i agree, need a darker colour.

thanks
Old 06-14-2012, 12:09 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

whats the color/leather that looks almost worn? I saw it once on a boxster. It kinda looked like a leather from an old arm chair.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:27 PM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roman Dudinov
Interesting, I saw an umber interior at my dealer and it was darker than the OP's pics above (quite a bit darker), I could have sworn it read Umber leather interior...but perhaps is was the cocoa interior I was seeing??
Old 06-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by HotLap
Interesting, I saw an umber interior at my dealer and it was darker than the OP's pics above (quite a bit darker), I could have sworn it read Umber leather interior...but perhaps is was the cocoa interior I was seeing??
Hard to say about the sample. Just for grins, here are cocoa first and then umber; took both pics in my garage just now using flash which probably lightens the umber more than the cocoa. The photos I posted of umber earlier in the thread were in more natural light. Still, in real life, there is no mistaking them for one another....
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 911 991 Umber leather interior