Old 05-06-2012, 12:19 AM
97c2s993
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FAEDC3
Well guys, I need some advice here:
He offers me the option to
a) Walk away, get my deposit back;
b) Order a new car and wait 6 months (minimum)
c) Get the car as it is, and they will give me 2 additional years of warranty (making it 4 years) plus something I chose from the Tequiment catalog.

Nevertheless, I still think that they are taking advantage of the fact that well, I want the car and that I have no choice... they now that I'd rant and complain, but at the end, it'll be their way.
Frankly speaking, reading this I get the sense that the dealer does not want to admit to the factory that they screwed up. Not sure, but I expect admitting this might put them in the proverbial 'dog house', hence their suggestions above vs. asking Porsche for a priority production slot to get you the right car.
My assumption is that they are certainly not a 'volume' dealer so 1) they could suffer from this embarrassment; however on the other hand 2) it might be a tough battle for them to get accelerated production slots.
Either way, I would insist on them making the extra effort to try to get you what you obviously deserve after this melee.
Best of luck!
Old 05-06-2012, 12:38 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 159 Posts

Take this car and order another one like you want it. Negotiate a minimal trade in difference in advance and then swap when your new car hits.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Don't take it, you will hate yourself later, at this price point, sunroof is a must have option wether you like it or not.
Fight for a big discount on your new build, five months is not that much.

Before someone desagrees with my opinion, let me say that I lived 04 years in Peru while working for a pharmaceutical corp.
Our Latin American idiosyncracy is quite different, despite its sporting heritage, Porsches 911's are considered luxury cars, very exclusive BTW, they are ment to be loaded therefore sunroof is a must.
I had a MB C63 at that time, really miss that car but not as much as all the great people I met in that wonderful country, Oh! and the food!, world's best cuisine. Period.

Last edited by Galion; 05-06-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:02 PM
TSpyder
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

FWIW, post #8 in this thread...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/6883...-delivery.html

...recounts my experience when BMW delivered the wrong 650 build in the summer of '07. I didn't realize the mistake, nor did they, until the car was presented to me at the factory in Munich. Bottom line is that the resolution was heavily in my favor, and the correct car delivered to me in the US a few mos later has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Indeed, it will become Wifey's DD when my 991--Euro delivery in June--one is redelivered sometime in Aug.

Spyder
Old 05-06-2012, 05:17 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Here's what I suggest:

- If you REALLY care about Sunroof, then make them get you a sunroof car and put it on top of the list to get the car in a few weeks
- If you DO NOT care about sunroof as much, get at least 3-yrs more warranty, Tequipment PSE, AND FREE cost for maintenance for the duration of the warranty (oil change, brakes, etc)... this would make this mistake, your benefit

Good luck
Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 PM
FAEDC3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A quick update on this: After a meeting on Tuesday I stated that I won't take the car without sunroof unless a great economical effort was made on Porsche's part.
Today I have agreed to take it once they offered me an acceptable discount, so, I'll expect delivery second week of June.
Thanks for your input, having all those different POV made me have a better position on this.
Will post pics as soon as I have taken delivery of the new baby...
Old 05-11-2012, 11:13 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

A quick update on this: After a meeting on Tuesday I stated that I won't take the car without sunroof unless a great economical effort was made on Porsche's part.
Today I have agreed to take it once they offered me an acceptable discount, so, I'll expect delivery second week of June.
Thanks for your input, having all those different POV made me have a better position on this.
Congrats -- I hope you got a substantial discount. Enjoy the 991. I get mine on Monday morning.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:59 AM
peterm
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

havent missed the sunroof- i think it looks odd when its up anyway
Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by peterm
havent missed the sunroof- i think it looks odd when its up anyway
I skipped the sunroof for the first time, as well.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nicely done.

Quick Reply: My 991 was built to the wrong specs!