Base // "S" Differences....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:50 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by buckwheat987
Thanks for taking up the cause.
Interesting and very sarcastic comment coming from one of the 2 main 911 naysayers on 6speed i was just referring to, and, from someone who was also very outspoken in applauding my banning over there....and it would now appear somewhat instrumental going by the fabricated excuses /reasons now being put up by the mod in question in his desperate attempt to vilify me as much as he can to excuse his unsavoury behaviour and subsequent action, purely because i exposed his disgracefull innapropriate behaviour directed at porsche members.

Also, funny how i see your master is now able to quote other members private comments made in their user CP's (yes a little unscrupulous, but to be expected) yet is unable to come up with or extract any such "warnings" he alleges he gave me. Why? Because there werent any!!! And even if he could muster just one it probably goes back so far it could no longer be deemed relevant in the context of his actions.

So by all means, take all this back to your master as i'm sure you will, under your own admissions where you have already posted to him over there that i am now here. And while youre at it please ask him to "put up" or "shut up"! Vilifying a once loyal member who has no means to defend himself is as about as low as it gets in my books. As i think i pointed out in a post which he really banned me for, (as also evidenced by his own response where he banned me).
Odd how manifold posted even he didnt feel the comments i made didnt warrant banning....yet you did. Convenient? Hmmmm. At least your friend showed better substance and even though i dont go along with his repetitive naysaying he is at least able to show some dignity. There is a lesson there for you I believe.

Just so you know, I am going to put you on my ignore list and any other feature that is available to me over here. You said you would no longer reply to my worthless posts yet you continue to do so. Please try and stand true to your word. Because i will reply to you if need be. And it may not be pretty.

The injustice served upon me is obviously not going away anytime soon it would appear going by the thread that has now been reopened by IB. I'm not surprised 3 weeks later your master is still under question for his actions.....but i guess he has his loyal friends there as moral support.

Sincere appologies to the OP for taking it off topic but i dont appreciate being stalked by disingenuos persons who are obviously out to create trouble for me over here by posting sarcasm. I believe if you've got something to say then say it. I can't stand snakes in the grass.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I said what I had to say...thanks for taking up the cause of fighting for the 991...

lets hope you take up the naysayers opposition with some facts..

the 991 is a great car...but difference and not for everyone... that's been my take since day 1.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:09 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
...while 991 improvements are very questionable at this point.
Head...still...spinning.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:20 PM
FORENN
Banned

Default Wha wha what?!

...while 991 improvements are very questionable at this point.
Head...still...spinning.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:35 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
I will agree that the 987-->981 was a much bigger improvement than the 997-->991 (this being said without driving 981) because the previous boxster lacked in many area's to me.. that being said I still feel the 991 commands the premium over the 981 and that it is a better car IMO... the gap is tighter on the 997/991 because the 997 was a great platform, i feel the change on the boxster was more radical because it was long overdue for such a change..

I personally find the 2+2 nature of the 911 one of it's best features as it makes it a perfect daily driver... the boxster/cayman have tons of luggage space, but it's nearly impossible to cram hookers in either without removing limbs... the 991 can fit several hookers without any qualms, and you can still dismember a few and place in frunk.
Agreed... 911 is the only Porsche sports car you can use daily, Boxster more of a weekend/summer/fun car.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:39 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
again i disagree, my car's are my toys and i've had plenty of them... just because i decided to buy a supercharged lotus exige 2 years ago to have fun with doesn't mean i need to go crazy and get the 2010 S260, turns out the 2007 S220 is actually over 100lbs lighter from the get go and easily upgradeable to 260Hp, and at the end of the day buying cash worked out and i made 12k on the vehicle when selling, make 10k on my 2011 cayenne, made 8k on my 2012 cayenne, made 1k on my 09 PDK 911, and broke even on my 05 997 cab...

i have no problem with you adding options and selling short/etc... i just treat it like a game and enjoy ordering exactly what I WANT, and negotiating to the point where i pay less than everyone else and then doing my homework and selling it to those willing to pay more.

when a person goes to a dealer and all the cars are 108-120k sticker and they see your just as sexy vehicle for 90k.... they rarely stop and tell you how badly they need park assist, they want the car and dont mind spending 18-30k less... my cayenne was cash buyer, he wanted to pay less and knew wife wouldnt care, other cayenne he didn't want to wait and didnt mind paying less for a car with less options and i actually have a friend that gave me 10k down to make sure i sell him the 991 for 85k in feb 2013 when my new car comes in... (btw, i didn't pay near 85k for the 991)

again, whatever works for you is great, but end of the day i got exactly the car i wanted, and i'm very happy.. it's a toy to me and finding value in something allows me to enjoy it more... same when i buy watches... even 100k watches can be a good value and i enjoy wearing them more when i know i did my research and got "a good deal"..... the extra 30k you spent on the "S" got me a new audemars on my wrist... so thats where i choose to spend the extra.
I agree with you totally that majority of casual Porsche buyers don't know much about the Base vs. "S" differences, and just care about having a Porsche, or the latest 911, etc... so a value of a base model that *looks cool* is attractive enough.

Question is... HOW in the world you managed to lose or not to lose that much on those cars? ... do you live in a State with no sales tax? I know here, if I bought my car for 50K and sold for 50K tomorrow, I'd lost at least the sales tax on it.

PS. What are your base options? With PDK/Leather you'd be easily above 90K?!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:09 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
To the guy who gave you a $10k deposit now on a base 991 that's 10 months old for 85k used and driven, wow. Can I call him, I have some stuff to sell him too psst, don't tell him that he can actually just buy a new one for that with no deposit. You could also quit your day job, then just buy Porsches in bulk and sell them all for a profit. Could be fun.
he's overseas's and they cannot import brand new cars (many laws against that for people trying to bypass customs laws and the fact that US subsidizes some of the costs for vehicles coming into USA)

can't buy in bulk, it can't be a day job.... because of the rules of export.... they can easily black list a person if they are exploiting the system, and they do.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:21 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Agreed... 911 is the only Porsche sports car you can use daily, Boxster more of a weekend/summer/fun car.
exactly, 2+2 even with "useless back seats" is still more versatile than a 2 seater coupe anyday...

I agree with you totally that majority of casual Porsche buyers don't know much about the Base vs. "S" differences, and just care about having a Porsche, or the latest 911, etc... so a value of a base model that *looks cool* is attractive enough.

Question is... HOW in the world you managed to lose or not to lose that much on those cars? ... do you live in a State with no sales tax? I know here, if I bought my car for 50K and sold for 50K tomorrow, I'd lost at least the sales tax on it.

PS. What are your base options? With PDK/Leather you'd be easily above 90K?!
when i sell the vehicle i broker it through the dealer (buyer sends them the cash for their peace of mind) costs me $500 and I save the sales tax on the next vehicle...

my vehicle is 87,930.... pdk, sport plus seats, model delete... 950 delivery charge.

again, i guess my math and analyzation is difficult to understand for some.. but it works for me.. i guess at the end of the day I just get excited to show others how to do it because it really add's up in savings over time but others are adverse to change their habits.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:02 AM
FORENN
Banned

... while 991 improvements are very questionable at this point.
Wowzers.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:09 AM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by kosmo
warning bad grammar ahead!
1. prefer 19s over the 20s
2. be tthe 991base is faster than the 997S
3. hate the fact that theres even a base/s distinction
+1
Old 05-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Scott997
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
My 991S was 117 with a bunch of options. To my point it is a toy. There are many cars far less than 90K that are fun to drive. A used 997 is a far better "Value" than a new 991. Expensive cars are an emotional decision not a value driven one. If you are going to buy a toy, why get the base anything.

Could of said it any better myself! Plus if you buy the base you will always be wondering.... Numbers on paper dont mean everything.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:51 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott997
Could of said it any better myself! Plus if you buy the base you will always be wondering.... Numbers on paper dont mean everything.
Not sure I agree. It is not as if this is the last car I will ever buy. There will always be something 'better' you could have bought.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:52 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Wowzers.
Don't take it too seriously. Nobody else does.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:35 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Scott997
Doubt it. I test drove both several times. As a dd, the base is more than plenty.

Quick Reply: Base // "S" Differences....