Sponsored by:

Carrara White vs. White

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:30 PM
IndyRob
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrara White versus Pure White

So you could have gotten the 997.1 and 997.2 in Carrara White.

You could have gotten a 2012 991 in Carrara White.

If you get a 2013 991 it will be in just "White" or some calling "Pure White".

It maybe like New Coke, Old Coke, will run a year of Pure White, and then reintroduce Carrara White to rave reviews.

Or perhaps like GT Silver, in a few years, it will be more exclusive, and will cost another $3,500. Very nostalgic. Whatever happens I am just glad you can still get it in some form of white from the factory, and you don't have to pay any extra.

There was a very brief period where the configurator about two months ago, had 5 basic colors, instead of 4, and had BOTH whites.

I predict you have not seen the end of Carrara White. But I doubt Snow White ever comes back. ;-)
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be a shame if they were dropping Carrara White for White to save a few bucks. A car like this should have a few exclusive colors.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:42 PM
aircavscout
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO the best looking skin you can have on a car!!!
Old 02-07-2018, 01:37 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Default Oh yes!!

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Carrara White is the most misspelled word in the Porsche community.
IU have been screwing this one up since last August when I got my Carrara White 6GT3....I just wanted to believe it was Carrera White...Carrara Marble, now that stuff is White. The enclosed pdf calls it Carrera White....
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
GT3 04-05 Colors Sheet1.pdf (35.1 KB, 140 views)
Old 02-07-2018, 07:09 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

To see the difference in Carrara White and white you have to look real close to see the metallic in the Carrera White. At least that is all that I saw when I orderd white. That's why I went standard white.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:36 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

It true that to see the sparkles you have to look very close and in direct sunlight or other light source, but there is a diff in the type of white as well.
I was going back and forth on my order a ton, couldn't decide either or. I went to see at a few dealers until one dealer was king enough to park 2 x 718's one next to the other in both colors.
As I was walking to where the cars were, I was able to tell from a far which is which. The base white has a more yellowish shade to it when light is on it. The Carrera metallic white has a more crisp clear white to it.
So while the sparkles of the metallic may be hard to spot, when standing one next to the other, you can see a clear diff between the 2.

At least with my eyes I was able to tell right away.
I ended up going with the extra $750 on my build.

Hope this helps...
Old 02-08-2018, 02:42 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a white GT4 and had a Carrara white turbo S. More pinkish tone to the CW metallic color. More refrigerator white to the white.
Both good colors. YMMV
Now I have a graphite blue GTS which my wife says is much more gray than blue.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:16 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by seapar
I have a white GT4 and had a Carrara white turbo S. More pinkish tone to the CW metallic color. More refrigerator white to the white.
Both good colors. YMMV
Now I have a graphite blue GTS which my wife says is much more gray than blue.
I have the Pure White and it reminds me of refrigerator white, which is a good thing. When the paint is maintained correctly, Pure White is very bright and crisp. Really looks sharp. I have never seen yellow in the color. I have three white cars in the garage of different makes and the Pure White is the whitest.

Quick Reply: Carrara White vs. White