Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   New info Euro Delivery (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/689342-new-info-euro-delivery.html)

race7117 04-03-2012 12:25 AM

New info Euro Delivery

Just got my package from Porsche about European Delivery.
Info came in a black leather organizer embossed with the Porsche logo and "European Delivery Program" on the front.
Nice Porsche Design Pen and paper with 2 Taxi vouchers for trip to and from delivery center. Also included is paper work for the free night stay at either Hotel Steigenberger/Stuttgart or Hotel am Schlossgarten/Stuttgart and return shipment voucher. They also included a discount at the Porsche Sport Driving School. Overall very classy presentation and well organized with the leather embossed organizer,:roflmao: personalized Porsche delivery card and now I really can't wait!!https://rennlist.com/forums/graemlins/roflmao.gif

TSpyder 04-03-2012 12:28 AM

When is your pick-up date, race, and will the car be a 2012 or 2013? Still waiting for my build schedule....

Spyder

race7117 04-03-2012 01:48 AM

Pick up is April 23, it's a 2012, car is built and waiting for me to show up! Apparently the Euro Del is much different than what was in the past. They have really pushed things upscale with this new package. Lunch at the VIP restaurant is new and they now have a "delivery center" ala BMW and Mercedes which is much diff from last year according to my dealer. I'll post everything I experience at the end of the month, I think the wait after euro del will be the hardest. Luckily its before the summer months so it shouldn't take too long....hopefully. You can also schedule an appointment with an Exclusive and Tequipment advisor at the same time but it has to be scheduled ahead of time. I'm keeping mine as simple/light as possible so no need for all the baubles for me!

TSpyder 04-03-2012 03:06 AM

Sounds good. Will look forward to your report which will help in my preparation as well.

CBad308 04-04-2012 12:02 PM

I can't wait to read your Euro Delivery experience.

~A

cappy1 04-07-2012 08:23 PM

I did a Euro delivery in 2010 on a 911S and love the am Schlossgarten hotel. Also, underground parking with lots of space and valet not required.

I am doing another 911S delivery this September. Last time we did the Romantic Road in Germany. This time France.

geof 04-07-2012 09:43 PM

The salesperson I bought the 997 from told me about the "free" (ahem $100k+) night at that hotel plus a 15% discount on Lufthansa flights (I'll use my miles, thank you), and also that the "fee" had been reduced or eliminated- is that correct? He also mentioned something about a number of (20+?) drop-off points throughout Europe, though they all incur some sort of fee to transport the car back to the factory for a pre pond-crossing inspection.

cappy1 04-07-2012 11:33 PM

Yes, you get one night "free" and a discount on Lufthansa. Porsche didn't exactly eliminate the "fee"...they simply passed it on to the dealer. Thus, when you buy the car there is this extra $3,000 that the dealer must somehow extract from you by offering a lower discount than he would otherwise.

There is an updated list of drop-offs in Europe and UK (London). For example, a Seville Spain drop-off costs 1400 Euros.

race7117 04-07-2012 11:35 PM

Yea the fee is now incurred by the dealership and not the customer. And the fee schedule for drop offs is fairly ludicrous. 1500 euro for London etc. the cheapest is around 400 euro but drop off at Stuttgart or Leipzig is no cost. Delivery is faster through Stuttgart and if you drop off at a location other than Porsche factory, there is no prep done prior to delivery. Whereas if you drop off at factory the car will be prepped ans detailed for delivery to your dealer like all other cars shipped to the states. I'll keep posting info as I get it as things have changed from previous euro deliveries prior to February of this year. At least that's what I've been told!

Edgy01 04-10-2012 01:40 AM

When I was doing my Euro del I was told that if you drop the car off at a nonstandard city the car will get back to you sooner in the states than if you drop it back in Zuffenhausen. Not sure if that is true today.

prosumer 04-10-2012 01:51 AM

So it's true the ED fee is paid for by the dealership? If so that really blows. Essentially the dealer is going to take that out of any discount you had gotten if that's the case. In fact I've already been told as much by a dealer over the weekend. I've emailed european.delivery@porsche.us to ask; still awaiting a reply...

fbroen 04-10-2012 02:04 AM

Yes it is true.

typecase 04-10-2012 04:30 PM

If you mailed european.delivery@porsche.us, expect to wait a while. They don't seem to be too good at actually answering any emails.

race7117 04-10-2012 05:46 PM

The information I have from the the dealer is that it is faster delivery if dropped off at Stuttgart factory. I don't know if this is true but I know that here in Colorado we get pretty decent delivery times from the port in Houston. Which is where most of our dealer shipments come in from. If left at another city it may be transported from that city or even shipped somewhere else unrelated to Porsche's factory delivery team, thus no prep and variable timing. Of course, this is only what I have been told and I will relate my personal experience as it happens!

prosumer 04-10-2012 07:31 PM

@typecase thanks for sharing your experience, I was feeling neglected after several days with no reply. do you happen to have a phone contact for someone there?