Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   New info Euro Delivery (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/689342-new-info-euro-delivery.html)

TSpyder 04-10-2012 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by prosumer (Post 9432629)
So it's true the ED fee is paid for by the dealership? If so that really blows. Essentially the dealer is going to take that out of any discount you had gotten if that's the case. In fact I've already been told as much by a dealer over the weekend. I've emailed european.delivery@porsche.us to ask; still awaiting a reply...

While it is true that the dealer pays the ED fee--this is clearly stated in the Porsche literature provided to me by my dealer--it is also true that their allocation is increased by one car with an ED order--also in the Porsche ED literature--hence the increased profit from that additional car is leverage in your behalf in negotiating ED prices. At least that's how it has worked with my ED order.

Spyder

prosumer 04-19-2012 10:39 PM

Thanks so much for sharing information on these boards! I got a reply from the E.D. folks.

"The dealership does in fact pay for the cost of the Program. In exchange, they receive an extra vehicle allocation that will cover that cost and them some, so in the end they are still making more off the deal than they would with out the European Delivery.
In the past, the customer was responsible for the charge. In an effort to make the program more attractive to customers, we passed that charge along to the dealers and covered their loss by giving them another car to sell. Please let me know if you have any other questions."

If the dealership had any E.D. literature, or the website was a little less marketing oriented and added a few more facts, or the dealers knew their cars, I would be a lot happier consumer.

Anyhow this is very good news. The dealer pays for the E.D. and the dealerships precious allocation is untouched. This means for small markets like the one I am in, where allocation is king, their precious allocation is untouched. Which means it's essentially a 'free sale'. Which means I can negotiate for a fair discount off MSRP which seems to be about 3% to 5% just like everyone else, even in addition to E.D.

..of course the salesman and the salesmanager at my dealership actually told me otherwise, that their allocation was effected by the E.D. sale and thus they were taking a hit to offer this to me. :( I find that if the salemen aren't ignorant, they tell half truths or will outright lie.

jerry joseph 04-20-2012 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by cappy1 (Post 9427230)
I did a Euro delivery in 2010 on a 911S and love the am Schlossgarten hotel. Also, underground parking with lots of space and valet not required.

I am doing another 911S delivery this September. Last time we did the Romantic Road in Germany. This time France.

Hi,I did the euro delivery with my 997tts
I would recommend doing the Nordschleife and Nurburgring,amazing experience
(did 11 laps,which is about one tank:D)
Enjoy driving in Germany,but be VERY CAREFUL in France!!!
There is a heavy police presence on most French roads,and they have some of the strictest traffic laws
Be careful where you park as well,especially in big cities
On a more positive note,they do have some of the nicest roads in the world
You will definitely enjoy those French country ones.
Happy trails

cappy1 04-20-2012 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by jerry joseph (Post 9463150)
Enjoy driving in Germany,but be VERY CAREFUL in France!!!

Actually have been to France many times and had no problems with the police, except in Paris while circumnavigating the Arc de Triumph at a respectable speed. There was lots of arm waving since we couldn’t understand one others language…he finally gave up in frustration and let me go!

About the only area we haven’t been is down around Carcassone…not a pretty part of France, but will go to see where the Cathars did their last stand against the Pope’s armies.

Fabolous 04-23-2012 03:42 PM

i dropped of my car in brussels and it took about 4 days to get to porsche, then sat for about a month before getting on a boat. Id say that dropping back at leipzig or zuff would definitely be faster.

It appeared that a couple boats left while mine was still with porsche. For what its worth...