Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everyone who has ordered a 991 Please Read. (Collection of Info)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 04:55 PM
wihlenfeldt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOW MANY DAYS FROM "IN PORT" TO DEALER DELIVERY IN WISCONSIN?
Old 10-11-2017, 05:07 PM
wihlenfeldt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 PRODUCED AND "IN PORT"

HOW LONG FROM "IN PORT" TO DELIVERY IN WISCONSIN?
Old 10-29-2017, 09:03 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by wihlenfeldt
HOW LONG FROM "IN PORT" TO DELIVERY IN WISCONSIN?
You should know by now. ( 10 days?)
Old 11-02-2017, 01:57 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 434 Likes on 293 Posts

My GTS Coupe just arrived at Davisville this morning at 06:25. That's an hour and a half beyond its scheduled ETA. Hope that doesn't mean a huge delay to my dealer!!
Old 11-02-2017, 08:49 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DBH
My GTS Coupe just arrived at Davisville this morning at 06:25. That's an hour and a half beyond its scheduled ETA. Hope that doesn't mean a huge delay to my dealer!!
dock crew has nov off
Old 11-03-2017, 12:42 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Ordered a C2S September 6th.
Originally it was going to be here in November. Then on 9/26 I changed a bunch of options and it pushed it back 2-3 months.
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2017, 08:26 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 434 Likes on 293 Posts

Just came off the transporter this afternoon. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up this Friday or Saturday.
Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2017, 08:22 PM
mchu168
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Ordered a C2S September 6th.
Originally it was going to be here in November. Then on 9/26 I changed a bunch of options and it pushed it back 2-3 months.

Mine was also pushed back about 45 days from early Dec to mid-Jan. Dealer doesn't have any explanation. I'm getting a little impatient as I ordered in early July. Hope it's worth the wait!
Old 11-15-2017, 12:02 AM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

These order to delivery times should be embarrassing to Porsche. You can literally conceive and deliver a baby quicker than some of these orders....and a lot/most of them are STOCK items, not PTS or LTS.

Hope this isn’t indicative of the ownership experience I’ve been dreaming of for decades.

So frustrating.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:17 AM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JFerraro17
These order to delivery times should be embarrassing to Porsche. You can literally conceive and deliver a baby quicker than some of these orders....and a lot/most of them are STOCK items, not PTS or LTS.
PTS or LTS is really the least of it. There are no "in stock" cars since every car is a unique build. It's that laundry list of options.

The first part of the delay isn't really Porsche - it's the time they give you to make up your mind. Time from getting my allocation on 9/12 to lock on 10/20 was a bit over a month. In theory I could have messed with the order all month long. Some people do, oscillating all the way up to the last moment.

Time from lock (V250) to start of construction was 2 weeks. Meaning they have 2 weeks to make sure they have the inventory of parts. That's not unreasonable either.

Time from start of construction to end is 7 days. That's not horrible. In theory my car is built now - I haven't actually pestered my dealer to find out if it's on schedule.

From vehicle completion to leaving Emden is 2 weeks. That is a long time, but it's dependent on ship schedules, and includes padding. With my wife's Cayman, the actual time from completion to getting on a ship was 9 days, not 21.

Transit time across the Atlantic is estimated at 14 days Emden to Davisville. It's sometimes that long, sometimes faster.

Time from Davisville to dealer is highly variable, mainly because it depends on a truck getting a reasonably full load going the same way.

My wife's Cayman was in our hands a full 3 weeks ahead of the estimate, 9 weeks after vehicle lock. 9 weeks is a lot less the time it takes to conceive and deliver a baby. Even if you've got 4 mothers working together on the job.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:09 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Gus—

I’m glad it worked out for you, that has not been my experience. My “Fixed” date has slipped twice, 7 days each time, with no input or changes from me, and no explanation whatsoever.

As it stands now, my PLANNED fixed date versus EXPECTED has an *additional* 2 week change/delay showing.

There is then a three week span between Fixed and Body Shop entry. I haven’t even looked at transit times, because what’s the point?

Add It all up, and the order I placed the third week of September will be here—theoretically—the second week of March.

Although not quite a 9 month gestation, 6 months to get a “standard” car seems a little absurd to me in this day and age.

Is what it is, as they say.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:53 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Hey guys, quick question. I have a car on a carrier currently (Galveston Hwy) that says it's enroute to Halifax, Canada. I believed my car would be getting delivered to San Diego, does the boat stop in Halifax and then go onto San Diego?

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 11-21-2017, 08:56 PM
a57356
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
Hey guys, quick question. I have a car on a carrier currently (Galveston Hwy) that says it's enroute to Halifax, Canada. I believed my car would be getting delivered to San Diego, does the boat stop in Halifax and then go onto San Diego?

Best Regards,
Dave
Probably stops at Davisville RI where cars for the NE get off loaded and then on from there to Jacksonville FL for more off loads.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:01 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by a57356
Probably stops at Davisville RI where cars for the NE get off loaded and then on from there to Jacksonville FL for more off loads.
And then to San Diego? Just curious how this works, I thought there would be a separate 'west coast' boat and an 'east coast boat'.

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 12-03-2017, 11:59 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SCCAForums

Best Regards,
Dave
Per the K-lines schedule, the Galveston Hwy will stop at Port Hueneme ( just north of Los Angeles) on Dec 15th.
There may be other stops not listed. My car ( delivered this past month) stopped at Long Beach, Port Hueneme, and then San Diego on back to back days and only the San Deigo stop was listed on the pwl line schedule.

Leaves a little mystery in the process.

Quick Reply: Everyone who has ordered a 991 Please Read. (Collection of Info)