Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple more of my 991S pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012 | 05:12 PM
Motobob
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nizer
The old and new shots in the fog really make the 997 look dated.
Great pictures either way and I agree with Nizer... 997 looks dated already....
Old 03-24-2012 | 08:52 PM
K-A
Drifting

Damn, seeing the 997 in the same pic really goes to show how brilliantly Porsche refined and evolved the styling. It's been hard to tell differences between the two, but as I predicted considering Porsche really nailed it with the subtleties (which is proven so far that they did), the more you see and acclimate to the subtle refinements of the 991, the more it will "diminish" the look of the 997.

To me, evolutions always date their predecessors much more than revolutions do. If a car looks totally different than the previous, you can just consider the previous a totally different design. Nothing is more classic than a Porsche 911, yet at the same time, when Porsche REALLY nails the evolving process, it's like a case-study in "how to make a design look so unnoticeably 'older' from the new one that you can't quite put your finger on it.... it just is".

Love the 991.
Old 03-24-2012 | 10:35 PM
billyii
Track Day

Carcam....Very good photos and a beautiful car. Thanks for posting the outstanding photos for all of us to view.....Billy
Old 03-24-2012 | 10:55 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Thanks everybody! I loved my previous Porsches- they're all good and special in their own way. I do think that Porsche has modernized the 911 in a way that will appeal to more people.
Old 03-25-2012 | 02:03 AM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the great pics. They're probably the best I've seen of a white car yet. Can you post more showing front, back and some angled shots? I'm getting ready to order a cab and haven't completely settled on a color yet. I was leaning toward white, and when I saw your photos, the lean became much more pronounced. A couple of more shots might just push me over the edge. I really like how white contrasts with the taillights and brakes (although mine will be red).
Old 03-25-2012 | 10:38 AM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tgcrun
Thanks for the great pics. They're probably the best I've seen of a white car yet. Can you post more showing front, back and some angled shots? I'm getting ready to order a cab and haven't completely settled on a color yet. I was leaning toward white, and when I saw your photos, the lean became much more pronounced. A couple of more shots might just push me over the edge. I really like how white contrasts with the taillights and brakes (although mine will be red).
Here are a few more pictures. I realize now that I don't have any straight front- something to do when it stops raining. Good luck on your build.
Attached Images     
Old 03-25-2012 | 11:40 AM
jcf7
Pro

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Congratulations!
What are your thoughts on the recall? Was your car manufactured during the dates mentioned?
Old 03-25-2012 | 08:00 PM
last993
Advanced

Congrats ! drive and enjoy it. I purchased mine about a month ago and only were able to put ~ 200 miles. I will be taking a few days of vacation soon, planning on put about ~ 1000 miles :-)
Old 03-25-2012 | 09:16 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jcf7
Beautiful. Just beautiful. Congratulations!
What are your thoughts on the recall? Was your car manufactured during the dates mentioned?
Recall? First I've heard of it. It was held up at the port for over a week for some reason... Details? Thx

Last edited by Carcam; 03-26-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-25-2012 | 09:19 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carcam
Recall? First I've heard of it. It was help up at the port of rover a week for some reason... Details? Thx
Never mind, read your post below. I think mine was built after-
Old 03-25-2012 | 09:35 PM
TONY AIR C2S
Burning Brakes

Great looking car and pictures. I would take a front seat in hell for your car, and the house ain't bad either. Enjoy
Tony
Old 03-28-2012 | 12:49 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Carcam
My apologies to ADias- I'm the jerk. You recognized the picture/background and called me on it. I missed the smiley face and read it wrong- confrontational as it wasn't intended. Please feel free to smooth it up and make it believable if you have the time. It's been a long day.
'Please feel free to smooth it up and make it believable if you have the time.' What?

As CarreraGT pointed out, I enjoy photography and simply asked if the photos were photoshopped, as they looked to me to be so, and I recalled that background with a different car... Why are people so high strung these days? At least I did not insult anybody.
Old 03-28-2012 | 04:25 AM
mehoff
Rennlist Member

Hot damn.....I called two days ago to try and get a last minute color change on my order only to find out it was already on the boat.......REALLY glad i didn't; carrera white is right.

Is that the black or grey interior?
Old 03-28-2012 | 04:09 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mehoff
Hot damn.....I called two days ago to try and get a last minute color change on my order only to find out it was already on the boat.......REALLY glad i didn't; carrera white is right.

Is that the black or grey interior?
It's black interior. A little hot in the summer but the ventilated seats should help.
Old 03-28-2012 | 04:30 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ADias
'Please feel free to smooth it up and make it believable if you have the time.' What?

As CarreraGT pointed out, I enjoy photography and simply asked if the photos were photoshopped, as they looked to me to be so, and I recalled that background with a different car... Why are people so high strung these days? At least I did not insult anybody.
Tony- this is a fun, upbeat forum where we get to share common interests. There are some differences in opinions and personalities at times which keeps it interesting. I have always enjoyed your posts and even come to your defense (check your PM's) when things got a little too confrontational.

However, I responded like I did not because I am high strung but because I thought you were overly critical. And I was excited, just got a new car and wanted to share it with fellow RL'ers.

When I posted the original 3 pictures, your only comment was "the OP's 3rd picture is obviously photoshopped" and that resulted in my reply.

Later, however, another RL'er brought to my attention that you changed your original post from "obviously photoshopped" to "that was photoshopped, correct? with a happy face". A totally different tone and intent. I would have never responded like I did if you had posted that the first time. A check of your post history will confirm it. So what. I'm over it.

No big deal. I know you meant no ill intent.

I was just hoping this thread would fade away and i wouldn't feel the need to explain myself.

Quick Reply: Couple more of my 991S pics