Sponsored by:

Couple more of my 991S pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 10:47 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Carcam
So why be a jerk ADias? It's my car and my pictures, let me enjoy my 15 minutes. I posted the previous picture when I got my GTS in Feb. Same camera, same tradition. The picture if the 991 was taken today at the "same spot" but the background was washed out compared to the foggy day when I took my GTS up there last time. Should I qualify that I changed contrast, cropped, etc the others? If I was better at PS, it would pass your scrutiny but it doesn't change the fact that these are pictures from the Blue Ridge Parkway near Blowing Rock. My car, my camera, my pictures. It's not the Washigton Post so who cares if it was photoshopped (except you). You do have a good memory though. In fact, I posted a couple pics and RListers photoshopped the original for me.
Cool photos, but yeah, I'm okay with admitted post-processing of a photo, but inserting one car for another in the same background is cheesy.

Next time it's best to say, "I love this background I used before, and inserted the new car into it". Still cheesy, but forthright.

Important in this easily faked, digital age.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Is that Jack Ruby in the right seat?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So why be a jerk ADias? It's my car and my pictures, let me enjoy my 15 minutes. I posted the previous picture when I got my GTS in Feb. Same camera, same tradition. The picture if the 991 was taken today at the "same spot" but the background was washed out compared to the foggy day when I took my GTS up there last time. Should I qualify that I changed contrast, cropped, etc the others? If I was better at PS, it would pass your scrutiny but it doesn't change the fact that these are pictures from the Blue Ridge Parkway near Blowing Rock. My car, my camera, my pictures. It's not the Washigton Post so who cares if it was photoshopped (except you). You do have a good memory though. In fact, I posted a couple pics and RListers photoshopped the original for me.
That third pic is worthy of a professional photog. Very nice.

Calling another Rennlister a jerk isn't so nice. Reading the post from ADias at face value, he's asking simple, polite questions about the photos and then explaining a reasonable cause for the questions. I know ADias has posted great photos here, so I imagine he's a bit of shutterbug.

That third pic reminds me of my drive early morning, 4:00am departure, shortly before sunrise. I was traveling from Lake Tahoe back to San Francisco, passing Niello, the Porsche dealer in Sacramento and caught a daybreak glimpse of a dark blue Panamera (I know ...) with brilliant white ice crystals turning its headlights and windows into fluorescent white against the inky depth of the blue paint. My immediate reaction was: "Finally a shot that makes a Panamera look at least as if it resembles its family lineage." I had the same reaction to that almost "pen and ink" photo of the 991 against the trees. Finally a shot of a 991 that makes me think it's a Porsche.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by docfink
Cool photos, but yeah, I'm okay with admitted post-processing of a photo, but inserting one car for another in the same background is cheesy.

Next time it's best to say, "I love this background I used before, and inserted the new car into it". Still cheesy, but forthright.

Important in this easily faked, digital age.
Ok, I get it. I guess I figured, my cars, my pictures, same story, same location, different lighting. If I had used someone else's picture or background, I would have felt more obliged to clarify. I shoot lots of pictures and almost everything is PS'd- blemishes, shadows, color, eyes brighter, wrinkles softened, etc. I still like the picture... and car. (need to get better at PS)
Old 03-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

My apologies to ADias- I'm the jerk. You recognized the picture/background and called me on it. I missed the smiley face and read it wrong- confrontational as it wasn't intended. Please feel free to smooth it up and make it believable if you have the time. It's been a long day.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

My apologies to ADias- I'm the jerk. You recognized the picture/background and called me on it. I missed the smiley face and read it wrong- confrontational as it wasn't intended. Please feel free to smooth it up and make it believable if you have the time. It's been a long day.
Get in your car and take a drive.... you'll feel better.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Is that Jack Ruby in the right seat?
Old 03-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Well, even with the extra manipulation I can see why you pasted the new car into that background. It's a great shot, and I've been shooting slightly longer than I've been driving Porsches--which is a really long time!
Old 03-24-2012, 01:34 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

One of the nicest 991's!
Great pics & great car; enjoy in good health.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:40 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 754 Likes on 551 Posts

Great pics...congrats........

All other stuff in thread is goofy......enjoy the photos and the car info...

Looks great in white........
Old 03-24-2012, 09:50 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 578 Posts

Beautiful car. Adias wasn't intending to make you look bad. And you don't look bad. Renn listers are just very detailed oriented and have keen eyes. Beautiful pic and setting nonetheless.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

The old and new shots in the fog really make the 997 look dated.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:02 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks everybody. This really is an amazing car and I doubt I'll be getting something different for a while. I want to be like Edgy Dan.

Wish I could tell you about best roads. I live in Greensboro and it's about 2 hours to the Parkway, straight I40-421.

There are lots some cops and worse, motorhomes in the summer and fall. However, it's 45mph and lots of twists and turns. You can easily and safely do 55-60 and still have lots of fun. I have 2 friends that ride there on motorcycles and they say (don't hold me to it) that the Blue Ridge Parkway is a federal road and if you get a speeding ticket, there's no court, no hiring an attorney, etc. You pay your $100 and get NO points on your insurance.

Where's your beach place? We have a condo in Wrightsville Beach- boring roads though, 3hrs on I40...
Masonboro sound rd... small world (across from you on wrightsville beach)
Old 03-24-2012, 04:00 PM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 139 Posts

Regardless of who photoshopped what and where and why etc etc...
Both those cars look dam good and I would be happy to own either!
Congrats. I think the car is the star...the background, whatever it may be, is better for having the car in the shot.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rijowysock
Masonboro sound rd... small world (across from you on wrightsville beach)
Haha- I probably face your house. We're on the sound looking your way. We'll have the best looking Porsches at the beach.

Quick Reply: Couple more of my 991S pics