Sponsored by:

991 Review on Speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 952 Posts
Default 991 Review on Speed

Graham Rahal and McDreamy get busy with the new 991 on Speed. Multiple show times this Sunday so don't miss it.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/spee...e-porsche-911/

About the show: Porsche 911: Revoloution The Porsche 911 is an automotive icon -- not to mention the most successful nameplate in Porsche’s history. And as Porsche unveils the 911’s seventh incarnation, one thing is abundantly clear, this car is an absolute revolution.

Join us as we take the new Porsche 911 from California’s wine country, to the hills of Malibu, to the hairpin turns of Palm Beach International Raceway, to the streets of Los Angeles, to get a look at all of the incredible new features of Porsche’s latest 911. And as we get behind the wheel and under the hood, we’ll be joined by racing sensation Graham Rahal, TV star Patrick Dempsey, automotive critic Paul Goldberger as well as Porsche enthusiasts Kevin Roush and Doug Baron, to talk about what makes the new 911 so unique – and so revolutionary.

The Porsche 911 has always been a study in contrasts. At its 1963 debut, it did more than delight enthusiasts with its race-bred technology - it astonished them with its suitability for everyday driving. Here was a car replete with tracktested innovations - a six-cylinder boxer engine, fully independent suspension, and four-wheel disc brakes - that offered a spacious cockpit, tractable road manners, and ample room for groceries and luggage. With this rare balance, the new Porsche ushered in a golden age of sports cars.

In the next 911, Porsche applies this singular balance to the priorities of a new era. Tradition dictates that a new 911 must outperform its predecessors in driving dynamics - no small feat considering the 28,000 racing victories won by the 911 over generations. At the same time, it must prove its relevance to a new generation. So the engineers at Weissach did more than invest the next 911 with breathtaking performance. They balanced it with intelligent solutions for the 21st century: engines that were more efficient and generated greater power; safety systems so advanced, they enhanced rather than intruded on the driving experience; and information and entertainment systems, seamlessly integrated into the most rewarding 911 interior yet created. Learn More » | Video: Porsche 911: Forever the Dream »
Old 03-25-2012, 07:43 PM
bernpep
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A**H*LE speed cut the porsche segment 10 minutes into the progaram so that they could switch to F**ing nascar BS.
Now I have to wait till april 14th!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:16 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Nascar is pretty exciting!! :-(
I taped mine and have not looked at it yet. Hope I don't have Nascar!!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

I saw it in its entirety. It was cool for Porsche fans, but very much a Porsche marketing driven program.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:25 PM
quibbs
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure it is pure Porsche marketing, sad thing is, it still way more entertaining (and believable) than NASCAR.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 PM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts

Where was Tommy Kendall to properly ring the car out on the track?
Definitely a pure marketing show with some of the first US spec cars, all PDK no paddle shifters - still entertaining.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:07 PM
DHC
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Sure, it was an infomercial ... but a damn good one. Of course, it's easy when the topic is the 991.

Quick Reply: 991 Review on Speed