Sponsored by:

PDCC

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:36 AM
SBA911
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PDCC

Hi folks. Greta to be othe board as I look to ordering my new 991. Currently enjoying a 997.2 C4S pdk as my daily driver. 30,000 miles through all kinds of weather with no problems. Great car.

I'll likely be placing my deposit for a 991 C4S in the next day or so and would welcome feedback on PDCC (apologies if I've missed existing posts on this).

I'm fine with spending the extra ~4k if the benefit is worth it.

- is it simply anti roll or does it provide improvements in ride (beyond pasm) or adjustability?
- anyone driven with and without to feel the difference? I drove a high spec S here in Santa Barbara without PDCC and it didn't seem lacking in handling capability
- also any further feedback on sPASM: streets around here have notoriously steep gradients and wondering if I'll chew up the front end and lose a couple of teeth from the rougher ride

Thanks in advance for sharing any thoughts back. Can't wait to spec the car, have a little fun with colors and get it o the road!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:31 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would suggest getting PDCC not because it is necessary or beneficial in normal driving (non-track) but to eliminate any doubts which you seem to have.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:38 PM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 125 Posts

You may find this discussion helpful:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/6817...m-or-both.html
Old 02-27-2012, 08:19 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SBA911
Hi folks. Greta to be othe board as I look to ordering my new 991. Currently enjoying a 997.2 C4S pdk as my daily driver. 30,000 miles through all kinds of weather with no problems. Great car.

I'll likely be placing my deposit for a 991 C4S in the next day or so and would welcome feedback on PDCC (apologies if I've missed existing posts on this).

I'm fine with spending the extra ~4k if the benefit is worth it.

- is it simply anti roll or does it provide improvements in ride (beyond pasm) or adjustability?
- anyone driven with and without to feel the difference? I drove a high spec S here in Santa Barbara without PDCC and it didn't seem lacking in handling capability
- also any further feedback on sPASM: streets around here have notoriously steep gradients and wondering if I'll chew up the front end and lose a couple of teeth from the rougher ride

Thanks in advance for sharing any thoughts back. Can't wait to spec the car, have a little fun with colors and get it o the road!

OP - as a DD, what are your thoughts on the Cc4s? I live in FL, and too will be ordering a new 991 shortly Never had the pleasure of driving / owning a 4S, and other than the more flared butt, was curious if the car felt even more planted to the road than a typical rear wheel only drive? I have read that the car takes corners even more fun / tight, and then obviously living in FL, i imagine in the rain, it's a whole new game? I assume you love yours, since you indicate you are planning to get another one Thanks
Old 02-27-2012, 09:17 PM
SBA911
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks aamersa and fbroen. Helpful reading - leaning strongly towards including pdcc

cole328, while I still think of the rear drive as a more classic 911, 4wd has worked well for me. It's fun to feel the car sending power to the front wheels when taking on tight corners. Some 911 traditionalists may not like the fact that it introduces a little pull to the significant rear push but I've found it still has a really good classic 911 feel including the trademark light steering and wondeful conflict between what you feel (no way I can make this corner) and what you know (I will make this corner). With the far more planted feeling of the 991 I think this will become far less of a factor anyway. In bad weather, it is reassuring. I was amazed on a commute when I lived back east (light snowfall on ice covered highway) - with summer tires the car was solid as a rock, great rear traction, felt the power go up front when needed and made it safely to work while seeing more than 20 wrecks, most of which were front wheel drive cars with all season tires...

Only other benefit of 4wd is traction off the line. Not really a problem for a 911 anyway although I noticed significant wheel spin with a launch control in the 991 that I don't get with my 997.2 - not that a little wheel spin is a bad thing. If you track and like to drift rwd would be far better though..

But, let's face it, I bought and will buy another C4S because I love the wide rear end Have ever since the 993 c4s...

Quick Reply: PDCC