991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint protection film for 991?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012 | 12:33 AM
MonsterCoatings
5th Gear

There are many reasons to install film, or not, but here is a great positive one.

I have a customer that I have wrapped all 3 GT3's he has owned. I typically wrap full front full rockers wheel arcs door sills and handles. Of the 17,000 miles that were on it when he traded it in about 16,500 of them were track miles. Before tradin it in all the film was pulled off. He got top dollar on his trade and got a new GT3. If you would have seen the care before removal I can assure you he would have lost about $15,000+ on the trade, now what is the film install worth???

Our typical custom installs wrap nearly every edge, except the hood top corners. Not possible with PPF. Even going under weatherstripping around windows and such. Pretty much whatever the customer would like.
I never liked the kit mirrors (997s are pretty good) so usually get custom wrapped. We usually wrap into the fenders (i.e. headlight removal but is customer preference.)
My preference is to make it look like its not there as much as possible. Had only two issues with detail shops putting a wheel to the car to polish and damaging film because customer forgot to tell them it was wrapped.

We are in NJ. Feel free to ask fro some pics. I'm new to Rennlist and am looking into becoming a basic Sponsor. Got some pics up on Facebook and Flickr under Monster Coatings. Would appreciate comments to get online presence better.

Thanks

Last edited by MonsterCoatings; 11-24-2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: added content
Old 11-24-2012 | 03:26 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

oops
Old 11-25-2012 | 09:56 PM
JTquint
Track Day

Any recommendations for the work in the Dade / Broward area of South Florida...?
Old 11-26-2012 | 10:53 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

I'm not a fan of clearbra anymore either. Had it on a couple of cars when it first started becoming popular and I just don't like the way it looks. It's okay to me for my car to acquire a bit of "patina" showing that it actually gets used. Below is a picture of a car some of you might recognize. Guy shows up at local Cars and Coffee, picked this up for $4.2M in 2006 from original owner (Mansour Ojah), gets driven regularly. No clear bra, paint chips on nose of car. He wins.

Quick Reply: Paint protection film for 991?