Sponsored by:

SportTechno Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Rushman71
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SportTechno Wheel

I'm torn on this wheel. At 1/2" wider front and rear than the other wheels offered, it should sit more flush with the fender depending on the offset. I just can't figure out if I really like the way it looks or not. I really like the look of the standard wheel and I'm getting the spacers, but it would be nice to have the extra 1/2" of wheel width too. Thoughts?
Old 01-31-2012, 12:07 AM
gerenb
Intermediate

I've placed an order for a 991 with Sporttechno wheels painted black (actually only partially painted black). IMO it really creates a pretty dramatic look. As of a day or two ago, however, it looks like you can't pick this option in the US configurator. I'm not sure why it's now blocked.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Rushman71
Instructor

Originally Posted by gerenb
I've placed an order for a 991 with Sporttechno wheels painted black (actually only partially painted black). IMO it really creates a pretty dramatic look. As of a day or two ago, however, it looks like you can't pick this option in the US configurator. I'm not sure why it's now blocked.
Yeah, I remember seeing that option before too. The SportTechno wheel hasn't even been on the configurator for the last week or so.

Anyone know the weights of these wheels?
Old 01-31-2012, 01:01 AM
jdsc
Intermediate

Just checked and it is still available for both the 911 and 911S. I was thinking about them as an option with the extra width and the wider 305 rear tires. However I have a hard time with their asymmetric nature.
On the right side they look normal, and on the left they look like they are going backwards. I used the configuration to build a black car with the black rims and it came out very nice.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:53 PM
gerenb
Intermediate

I just tried to change the color of my interior and was told I would lose the "wheels painted black" option for my SportTechno wheels. In fact, they said if I changed any option I wouldn't be able to paint the wheels black.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Rushman71
Instructor

Originally Posted by gerenb
I just tried to change the color of my interior and was told I would lose the "wheels painted black" option for my SportTechno wheels. In fact, they said if I changed any option I wouldn't be able to paint the wheels black.
Sounds like when you make any changes to an order the entire order is resubmitted and since the SportTechno wheels painted black isn't currently offered you would lose them. That sucks.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:10 AM
keithos27
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Any pics to share with these painted black on a car?

Quick Reply: SportTechno Wheel