991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Seats Leather....

Old 01-31-2012, 01:57 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a hard time believing Porsche would use different quality leather on partial leather seat inserts
My salesperson insists it is exactly the same leather. But salespeople can be very ignorant, I know.

But wow! You are quite an expert on leather, you must be in the leather business.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Rushman71
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
My salesperson insists it is exactly the same leather. But salespeople can be very ignorant, I know.

But wow! You are quite an expert on leather, you must be in the leather business.
Growing up my family had a high-end leather furniture business. In furniture all there really is to talk about, and to build value in the customer's eyes, is construction. Just like anything else, if you want to do a great job and offer the customer an exceptional buying experience, you have to know your stuff.

If I were a Porsche salesperson, I would know my product inside and out, top to bottom.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:38 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rushman71
Growing up my family had a high-end leather furniture business. In furniture all there really is to talk about, and to build value in the customer's eyes, is construction. Just like anything else, if you want to do a great job and offer the customer an exceptional buying experience, you have to know your stuff.

If I were a Porsche salesperson, I would know my product inside and out, top to bottom.
Kudos to you. That was really helpful.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Rushman71
That is the point, isn't it. Whenever we go to a car dealer, with very rare exceptions, my wife remarks that I know more about the car than the salesman does, which is sad. If you're going to be successful you should know your product inside and out. Unfortunately, there are lazy folks in every profession, not just the car selling business.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:18 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WCE
Another thing to keep in mind is not all markets even offer "partial leather" seats or interiors. UK for example gets standard full leather seats and interior!
I'll have to see the US partial vs leather seats myself because our options and pricing still don't make sense to me...and I doubt a Porsche bean counter slipped up and gave us a bargain!
Originally Posted by aamersa
Not like I can sort it out much now that my car has arrived.

ps. practicing putting up images for when I get the car.
did not realize you were in the emirates, could very well be different there.... every country has different "standard prices" as one said above, in the UK all vehicles are "full leather interior"

sorry for any confusion, just noticed the Emirati Dirham Rate in your pricing
Old 02-03-2012, 01:46 PM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

Thx guys for all the useful info in here.

Based on it, I changed seats -- on an order I thought had already frozen.

Reading the marketing materials more carefully (than any sane person would) does indeed reveal language that states:

- "Partial leather seats ... covered in grained leather" and

- "Sport Seats Plus ... include smooth-finish leather on seat centers and side bolsters"

Who knows if the smooth leather is "better" quality than the embossed (I think clear that the "Natural" is fully dyed) -- but I am very much at peace with the final selection/upgrade to the 18-way plus seats.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:42 PM
VELOCITY 997
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just get the Sport Seats Plus with leather interior. This is by far the nicest option. The leather interior looks amazing.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:01 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fbroen
Thx guys for all the useful info in here.

Based on it, I changed seats -- on an order I thought had already frozen.

Reading the marketing materials more carefully (than any sane person would) does indeed reveal language that states:

- "Partial leather seats ... covered in grained leather" and

- "Sport Seats Plus ... include smooth-finish leather on seat centers and side bolsters"

Who knows if the smooth leather is "better" quality than the embossed (I think clear that the "Natural" is fully dyed) -- but I am very much at peace with the final selection/upgrade to the 18-way plus seats.
Glad we could help. Will be a great combo. The "grained leather" to me feels like any other seat. The smooth leather is very inviting and you'll love sitting on them. Also they wear beautifully.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sport Seats Leather....