Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What service is my 991.2 due for?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2024 | 05:08 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Originally Posted by MingusDew
I’m doing the work myself, and find the spark plugs/coils to be pretty easy to access. It takes about 45 min per side to change the spark plugs, and coils are even easier. If the coils are working fine I’m not swapping them every time I do plugs. If they start having issues I’ll probably replace them all. It might take an hour to swap all the coils on the car (easier than plugs), not that hard, so again, I’m not replacing them just because I’m in there.
If you're paying someone else to do the work, replacing the coils while everything is already apart might save you a lot of labor costs and aggravation in the future. Just my 2 cents...
Old 07-23-2024 | 07:30 PM
Dirty Jacket
Instructor

Okay so I will ask for the coil packs to be changed with the spark plugs.

he actually suggested I hold off on the spark plugs. He said it’s not a fluid or rubber so he goes based off mileage not time. I told him I wanted it changed anyways since I’m not far from 30K miles and I daily drive the car so the mileage will add up.

regarding the belt, he said bc of low miles he’d go off time but would change it if I wanted. I’m not averse to spending the money now and not worrying about it. I’ll probably call him back and add these on so he has the parts.

thanks again
The following users liked this post:
slowrey (07-28-2024)

Quick Reply: What service is my 991.2 due for?