Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Rear View Mirror Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2024 | 06:42 PM
991owner
Track Day

Default Interior Rear View Mirror Replacement

Look like my rear view mirror UV coating is gone and it's quite hazy - I've searched but could not find a guide on how to remote the mirror to replace it. Suncoast sells OEM replacement. The dealership is quoting over $1K so I think I'm going to do it myself but not sure how hard/easy it is.
Old 07-10-2024 | 07:10 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Easy.

You have to remove the plastic surrounds. Mirror twists off. Here is a good vid.

$1000. Just insane.,

Old 07-11-2024 | 08:07 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Default Anyone replace the 991.1 mirror with something else

For some reason i cant stand the shape/size of the mirror in the car.
Old 07-12-2024 | 11:18 AM
bill edwards
Advanced

Yes - removed mine to have mirror only replaced. Company in Texas. Carefulky remove 2 black plastic covers around post. “Carefully using plastic trim tools . Then remove that fragile ground wire. Next must remove interior black covers these again have several very strong attaching posts. In doing so , the entire mirror housing glued to windshield may come off. No worries but try not. Disconnect wire harness to mirror . Blue connection as i recall. You will know which. To remove mirror and post, twist counter clockwise. It comes completely off. Contact company in Texas to be sure they can repair the electronic night / day which i recall they can. For mine it was an excellent OEM repair.
again in order
1-remove post cover caps - left & right
2- remove interior GPS Cover - 4 strong clips hold . Remove down , then carefully separate
3-disconnect blue plug connection under GPS cover
4-remove lines ( wires)
5- remove mirror - turn anti clockwise as far as it will go. Then pull down.
send and call -
radar - mirror
Frisco Tx

reassembly isnt simple as it appears
if plate has separated from window , i used very strong 3m double sided tape from napa. Cut small pieces , attached to plate , centering plate then attached to window glass
small ground wire at bottom of post is problematic. Must be exact position for covers to attach firmly.
If trouble reattachng post - push and then clockwise twist , it may become loose after several attempts. Carefully rebend metal clip fingers . “Carefully “

i have manual . If you needed it , even though hard to follow and a few limited pictures .. PM me
cost about $150 or so
Old 07-13-2024 | 08:43 AM
Rosie39j
Rennlist Member

I’m wanting to upgrade to the 991.2 mirror. The Suncoast part looks good, but mine is auto dimming which jacks the price to $500. Think I would miss the auto dimming?
Old 07-15-2024 | 10:53 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rosie39j
I’m wanting to upgrade to the 991.2 mirror. The Suncoast part looks good, but mine is auto dimming which jacks the price to $500. Think I would miss the auto dimming?
auto dimming is awesome, I would miss it. I would never sacrifice it to upgrade to a different mirror.
Old 07-16-2024 | 01:04 AM
bill edwards
Advanced

With limited knowledge of your desire , i believe from actual experience with removing and reinstalling your bigger issue will be reinstalling a mirror .. advice .. test it before final installation on the base and secure

Quick Reply: Interior Rear View Mirror Replacement