Sponsored by:

Was TPMS an option for 2017? No TPMS screen on 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 09:32 AM
tiiger
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
I’m thinking you’re not doing something right because after “Trip” under “Menu Scope”, there are several (4 to be precise in my vehicle) other items and TPMS is just one of them. I could be wrong but it would be surprising as I also have a 2017 991.2.

This is cool.

I haven't had the chance to run through the menu yet. (Car is new to me.) Happy I can remove Nav and Map as I use Google maps from Carplay.

For the OP who can't find TPMS. A quick visit to the dealer would be what I'd do, if it's not showing up in the menu. (Hopefully one is nearby.)
Old 07-01-2024, 09:47 AM
DR911s
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

I also have a 2017 C2S and have the menu items that Tier1Terrier posted in this thread.
Old 07-01-2024, 10:17 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,185 Likes on 712 Posts

maybe tpms was removed by previous owner?
Old 07-01-2024, 12:39 PM
rustysign
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
maybe tpms was removed by previous owner?
This is what I’m starting to think too. The car was originally spec’d with standard wheels and the previous owner swapped on turbo wheels. So perhaps something happened to the TPMS at that point. Going to ask my nearest dealer what’s up.
Old 07-01-2024, 03:57 PM
tiiger
Rennlist Member

yeah i suppose if the owner went to non-TPMS wheels, they'd get angry alerts all the time indicating no connection with the sensors.

They might have gotten in there with a coder and removed the TPMS functionality altogether, just to keep 'em sane.
Old 07-01-2024, 05:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tiiger
yeah i suppose if the owner went to non-TPMS wheels, they'd get angry alerts all the time indicating no connection with the sensors.

They might have gotten in there with a coder and removed the TPMS functionality altogether, just to keep 'em sane.
That was my first though, but OP also doesn't have Chrono, Gear shift assist and G-Force menus. Do those options come only with Sport Chrono and OP's car doesn't have it? If they do have sport chrono, it might be software issue that only dealership will be able to fix.
Also, if your car doesn't have actual TPM sensors, it should be an easy install at most tire shops. I believe you don't need specific wheels for it
Old 07-01-2024, 06:11 PM
tiiger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 402
That was my first though, but OP also doesn't have Chrono, Gear shift assist and G-Force menus. Do those options come only with Sport Chrono and OP's car doesn't have it? If they do have sport chrono, it might be software issue that only dealership will be able to fix.
Also, if your car doesn't have actual TPM sensors, it should be an easy install at most tire shops. I believe you don't need specific wheels for it
my non-sport-chrono car does NOT have those sport-chrono-related menu items.
Old 07-01-2024, 06:37 PM
rustysign
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 402
correct, my car doesn’t have sport chrono and is a manual, so those menu items don’t exist. My car is pretty bare bones, with the only significant upgrade being leather sport plus seats, so I wasn't sure if having TPMS on the multi-function display was an option that was omitted.

Last edited by rustysign; 07-01-2024 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-01-2024, 06:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok, didn't realize those menus are only for SC. I guess there is not much to be done without special tools. Even if TPMS are missing and you install them yourself, they will probably have to be connected and calibrated to car's receiver to work correctly
The following users liked this post:
rustysign (07-02-2024)

Quick Reply: Was TPMS an option for 2017? No TPMS screen on 991.2