Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PIWIS 3 v41.5 PDK clutch fluid fill mode, fails at "Bleeding" doesnt let me continue

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 12:10 AM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
Default PIWIS 3 v41.5 PDK clutch fluid fill mode, fails at "Bleeding" doesnt let me continue

Does anyone have any experience using a PIWIS 3 to fill the PDK clutch fluid in a 991.1 911? I fired it up and clicked on oil fill mode, it then shows 2 check boxes to manually check, one checkbox is that the pdk clutch fluid is "filled to specs" (I thought i was going to fill using this mode why is it telling me it should already be filled, or is this fill mode just to top off?!?!?!) and the other checkbox is "engine is idling" and it was also showing the temp of the fluid which needed to be within 30-50 degrees celsius to be able to proceed. So we went ahead and filled the clutch fluid manually until it dripped from the fill plug (took about 2.5 liters, i did not replace the pan just drained the clutch oil), and when the fluid was within the required temps we then started the engine and checked both of those prereq boxes in the PIWIS. It then went to the next step which was a bleed procedure and immediately failed and made me go back. We even tried it with engine off, and with fill plug on, and it just kept failing immediately at the bleeding part and we couldn't get past that no matter what we tried. So we took it for a quick drive to go through all the gears, then we came back and we were actually able to manually add another half liter before it started dripping from the fill plug again, which made me feel much better about this fill mode not working. We assumed driving it and going through the gears did the same thing that "fill mode" does, but we tried the fill mode again anyways after adding that half liter, and again it failed at the "bleeding" part. So we then went to the "Calibration (complete process)" and that completed successfully and we called it a day. Anyone else experience this? the PDK fill mode is one of the reasons i bought this PIWIS, and i cant get it to work. Hopefully someone can tell me what im doing wrong. The calibration was really cool though! the PDK kept making all these noises and revving the motor randomly for 20 minutes. Shifts amazing now btw.

Last edited by mikescayenne; 06-30-2024 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2024, 06:54 PM
GermanCarFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

So you ran it through the remove fluid portion, now you're onto fill mode...correct?

I changed mine without PIWIS. I dropped my pan and installed a new pan when I did mine....then I filled til it started weeping from the fill hole, double checked it again after the PDK fluid enters all the valve bodies and topped it off again til it weeped. Done deal.

It's been 4 months and 2000 miles ago, all good.
Old 07-01-2024, 12:01 AM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

there was no remove fluid portion, when i clicked on "fluid fill" under the maintenance and repairs section of the PDK module, it just shows the prereqs that i mentioned above with checkboxes to manually confirm, then you click f12 to continue which moves on to the bleeding procedure that immediately fails. Where would i find the remove fluid menu? we just drained the fluid manually by removing the drain plug, i did not know there was a remove fluid procedure in the piwis as well.

Last edited by mikescayenne; 07-01-2024 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-02-2024, 01:20 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 274 Posts

I've done it successfully. What do you mean by it "failed". What message did you get on the PIWIS? Have a screen shot of what it was telling you when it failed?

Quick Reply: PIWIS 3 v41.5 PDK clutch fluid fill mode, fails at "Bleeding" doesnt let me continue