Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM 3 same for Bose and Burmester?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 12:29 AM
tstugel
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PCM 3 same for Bose and Burmester?

Is the PCM 3 the same in a Bose system as a Burmester system? I see a lot of Burmester components for sale on EBay but am not sure if the head unit is the same. Would like to try swapping out the Bose amp with the Burmester. Musicar still doesn’t have a stage 2 upgrade for the 991.1 Bose system as far as I know. Thanks
Old 06-28-2024, 03:23 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by tstugel
Is the PCM 3 the same in a Bose system as a Burmester system? I see a lot of Burmester components for sale on EBay but am not sure if the head unit is the same. Would like to try swapping out the Bose amp with the Burmester. Musicar still doesn’t have a stage 2 upgrade for the 991.1 Bose system as far as I know. Thanks
The actual hardware is the same, but I believe there is different programming for the the various sound packages.
Old 06-28-2024, 06:25 AM
Autobahnschreck
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

The PCM 3 units are indeed the same for "Premium audio", Bose and "Burmester. However if you buy a PCM 3 unit, at least the nav part, plus any other optioninal function have to be coded for your car VIN by PIWIS. Your Porsche dealer has access to the options and updates your original PCM had. Changing from Bose to Burmester, even if you changed the amplifier hardware, beyond required coding of the amplifiers might involve a problem with software keys.

Quick Reply: PCM 3 same for Bose and Burmester?