Sponsored by:

Battery dead, need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2024, 12:04 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by oumizx
Also searched the forum should replace the battery for 5 years. So current shopping for new battery.
If I listened to ALL the advice on forums, I'd be on my 3rd battery instead of my original battery that is now in its 10th year. And a few months ago, I tested it as still being "good".

If you need a battery, the Walmart PLATINUM AGM is well under $200 and according to members, made in Germany. It looks like you have an H6 sized battery. You could also install an H7.

Last edited by IXLR8; 06-27-2024 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Typo as usual
Old 06-27-2024, 10:37 PM
Southbranch
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by oumizx
For the reason why the battery drained so quickly, I think it's because I installed a carplay radio. The night when I was using my phone watching youtube videos I found my phone suddenly has no sound and it connected to the car's carplay... The funny thing is that I did not realize I keep the key in car that kept the radio active.

I finally managed to use the new jumper to open the frunk. Tried to connect the positive and ground wire to charge the battery, but based on the indication light of the charger, it does not work. Am I doing something wrong for the connection? Attached the pictures.

Picture1 and picture 2 connection ways did not work. Picture 3 is the charger indication light.
Your connections look correct to me. Check the fuse in the CTEK's red positive cable (near the clamp).
Old 06-27-2024, 10:44 PM
Larson E. Rapp
Pro

Received 475 Likes on 279 Posts

Looks like it's in RECONDition mode. The normal progress indicator may not light up in that case, depending on what the user manual says.
Old 06-28-2024, 11:02 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,046 Likes on 590 Posts

As a bit of info for those whose batteries go dead in the vehicle for any reason be it storing it to long, or leaving some lights on, we have a way to easily let you open the frunk in seconds or jump start the vehicle without the hassle of going into the footwell and messing with the hit-and-miss of trying to power the red buss bar in the fuse box. Its a wire harness that works with our MICRO-START Jump Starters, you simply connect it to your battery cables' post clamps and route it to the leading edge of your windshield/frunk junction, and whenever you have this issue you can simply plug in our Jump Starter and energize the whole car within a second and Jump Start or just open the frunk. It tucks away below the frunk/hood when not in use. And has a rubber cover for the tip you see in the image below. There is also a video on the webpage if you don't quite understand.

https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...arness-msa10c/

Quick Reply: Battery dead, need help