Sponsored by:

Scan Tool Recommendation for 991.2 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 06:28 PM
DR911s
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Scan Tool Recommendation for 991.2 C2S

I'm looking to buy a what others typically refer to as a professional level bi-directional Blue Tooth equipped scan tool for use primarily on my 991.2 chassis 2017 C2S which is equipped with PDK, OEM Sport Package including GT Steering Wheel, Sport Muffler and Sport Chrono, "Moon" Glass Sunroof, Bose, Blind Spot Warning, Heated and Cooled 14-way leather seats, LED PDLS with camera for automatic adjustments, Blind Spot Warning and Rear Axle Steering.

I also own a 2011 Audi S4 with DCT 7-spd transmission and Sport Differential and B&O audi upgrade, and

a 2013 Audi Allroad with 8-spd automatic transmission.

I want to be able to go beyond the normal maintenance service resets and common OBD-II diagnosis and resetting of fault codes. I want touch screen entry of data; the one character at a time input systems of other scan tools I have used is laborious and slow.

Specifically for the Porsche:

1) Ability to identify TPMS faults specifically, for example, if a wheel sensor is not working or if its in the receiver module. I've seen some videos in which the scan tool can be held near each wheel valve stem to determine if it is functioning, or even to wake it up.

2)Reprogram the Boost Pressure display in the MFD so that it can display pressures above 17 psig.

3) Reprogram the Coolant Temperature display in the MFD so that it will be dynamic and show the actual coolant temperature instead of the buffered OEM display.

4) Ability to log engine operation parameters while driving the car. I have an occasional stutter issue that the Porsche dealership has not been able to cure although they majorly diminished it when they fixed a vacuum hose that was disconnected and later replaced the coolant pump and valve block and one of the vacuum lines. That stutter when it occurs has always been at relatively low engine RPM at vehicle speeds of 45 to 60 MPH and when using maintenance throttle or slightly accelerating up a slight grade. The car now has 38K miles and the major maintenance including spark plugs was completed about 1 1/2 years ago at 27k miles. The stutter first began after that major service.

I will not have WiFi connection when working on my car in my garage; I will have to update the scan tool elsewhere.

I prefer a stand alone scan tool rather than one like ThinkDiag that uses a smartphone for display and data inputs.

Autel? Launch? Xtool? Topdon?

Old 06-20-2024, 07:10 PM
Jim986
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts

I also am interested in one that would turn on “power steering plus”, if possibly.

Quick Reply: Scan Tool Recommendation for 991.2 C2S