Sponsored by:

Loss of some memory features after track days

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 07:26 PM
rchaas
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Loss of some memory features after track days

Why does my 991.2S lose window and seat limit settings (no auto up or down, lost seat position memories) after track days?

The car runs flawlessly and I have my fun, but as i drive home, there is no longer auto down/up on the windows and the memorized seat positions are gone! Sunroof auto open/close also.

This seems to happen consistently after the last few track days i have attended. I “re-teach” the limits to the car and those feature resume their normal functions.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 06-11-2024, 08:42 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 479 Posts

The only time I see a loss of auto up/down on the windows is after the battery has been disconnected. I’m sure there are other things that can cause that. Are you doing any tuning or adjustments of any kind through the obd port?
Old 06-11-2024, 09:10 PM
rchaas
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

Yes, I’ve had to reset the limits after a battery change also, but just the windows, not the others. At track days, I have a kiwi2 in the obd port transmitting data to my phone/gps/camera setup. Never thought about that. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old 06-21-2024, 10:06 PM
DR911s
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

No issues for me in my 2017 C2S which has been used for several track days, before and after installation of the tune by myself/
In addition to the possible cause being the kiwi2 device in the OBD port, might there be any electrical connections that are being interrupted due to track use?
The obvious test to be done is to do a track day or at least one on-track session without the kiwi2 device installed in the OBD port and see if the fault occurs.
If it doesn't occur, then continue looking elsewhere for the cause. If it does, it appears that the kiwi2 is the cause, or the manner in which it is interacting with your additional equipment communicating with the kiwi2.

If you haven't already checked your battery connections, I suggest doing so. Although I was not having any issues, when I changed out my OEM battery last fall, I was surprised that the cable connector bolts were so low torque value that I could loosen them with my fingers on a socket. They should be tighter than that.

Quick Reply: Loss of some memory features after track days