Sponsored by:

Fob Placement

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 01:51 PM
The Roon
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Fob Placement

Since I don't have an Owner's Manual, I'd like to know where do you place the key fob in the car to start the car when the battery in the fob is dead?
I know about the key in the fob to open the door, but where's the "secret" place to place the fob to start the car....do I hold it next to the start push button?

With the lack of knowledge, it's the small things that will turn into large things when that knowledge is needed...darn dealership, where's my OM!

Thank you in advance
Old 05-26-2024, 05:33 PM
VII7
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Remove the dummy key and insert real key in it's place.
Old 05-27-2024, 08:36 AM
The Roon
Rennlist Member

LOL!
Now that just makes too much sense.
Thank you for setting me straight.
Old 05-28-2024, 07:49 AM
Nandska
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

If you don't have the owner's manual. Just create an account on my.porsche.com and register your car. You can access the owner's manual on the site. You can also download the Porsche app also.
Old 05-28-2024, 07:54 PM
The Roon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nandska
If you don't have the owner's manual. Just create an account on my.porsche.com and register your car. You can access the owner's manual on the site. You can also download the Porsche app also.
I had some kind of app...I forget what it was, but then it was no longer working. Besides it only went back to 2014, I don't think it changed much, but I wouldn't know.

Thanks for the heads up on the other apps, I'll try them out.

As for my Owner's Manual, I contacted the GM of the dealership I purchased the car from and asked what they were doing about getting me a manual, it's been a year since I purchased the car.
I was hounded them because according to the CPO inspection sheet, it states an Owner's Manual should be present.
He told me they stop making them for that year, I told him to check eBay, and today he told me it's on the way...that's what happens when you're only into sales and not over-all Operations.

Quick Reply: Fob Placement