Sponsored by:

Help understanding my surprise stereo/amp upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 05:30 PM
dionysis
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help understanding my surprise stereo/amp upgrade

About 2 months ago I purchased a 991.2 4S in Florida. I keep finding things that have been done to the car that were not mentioned like the Fabspeed Exhaust. Having owned the car for a couple months, I have been thinking my stereo sounded good, but I was having a problem with spoken voice, like audio books. Thinking no highs, no lows, must be Bose, I knew the easiest way to fix this would be to get some upgraded speakers for the setup I had. While taking the seats out to install some sound deadening in preparation to get different speakers.
Under the driver seat was the following.
  • Nav TV Zen V audio processor
  • Moscani one 6|10 DSP
  • Moscani Atomo 4
  • Figuring there was after market speakers, I took the door card off and found the Focal P60 Limited edition speakers.

I'm not sure how much the prior owner spent on this setup but my guess would be $12-$15,000 installed based on the retail prices of all the individual components.

I don't quite understand how it is setup, so I am hoping that I could get someone who has installed something like this to assist. My question is, with this setup, why do I have a 4 channel and a 6 channel amp with what appears to be all channels used/plugged in? The Focal P60 consists of 7 speakers. That in itself would make sense for the two amps, but you wouldn't use all of the channels. Could it also be powering the factory sub? Any other speakers hiding I don't know about?

I know my next step is to tune/get tuned the DSP. Going to plug it in and see how it is setup in a little bit.

Last edited by dionysis; 05-25-2024 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-25-2024, 09:29 PM
dionysis
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I figured it out. After plugging it in I was able to test everything. Bunches of problems with how it was set up I found they also replaced the rear speakers which are two of the other channels. Only one unused channel out of 10.

Quick Reply: Help understanding my surprise stereo/amp upgrade