Sponsored by:

Sports exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 02:49 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Sports exhaust

I know I'm going to be blasted for asking. But has anyone tried this?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...yAdapt=glo2usa
Old 05-21-2024, 03:42 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,228 Posts

A lot of that stuff is Chinese market Porsche stuff. Nothing wrong with it.

That said, that listing is just a button cap, some wiring, and some vacuum solenoids. There are a few more pieces to the puzzle if you're adding valved exhaust, such as recoding and physically installing a valved exhaust.
Old 05-21-2024, 04:15 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Agreed. Just wondering if this along with valved rear muffler plus coding would do it.
Old 05-21-2024, 04:23 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,228 Posts

I don't see why not.
Old 05-21-2024, 05:19 PM
dannyk304
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
Agreed. Just wondering if this along with valved rear muffler plus coding would do it.
Not sure it will do it, unfortunately. First, if you check with dealer and suncoast they'll claim you must buy the entire new console switch to be coded. I do not think you can just add the new button to the old console and then code it in, but perhaps if you have a Piwis you can try, the dealer will be very unlikely to do it for you. Being a CanBus system there's some peculiarity to this system and it's coding. Also, that harness in the picture looks like the same one included in the PSE package from Suncoast, but the COV shown is the old ones, very prone to failing. You'd likely need a new one and the harness adapter since the old harness has an old connector that won't work, suncoast sells the adapter. I think you'll find that package will not give you the result you seek. That said, if you have an "S" you don't need any of that, just the new switch console as the wiring, COV, and vacuum lines are already in place. Of course, you'll also need a PSE center muffler and to move some of the vacuum lines. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Sports exhaust