Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non-OEM brakes while covered by Porsche warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 09:39 AM
le_gazman
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Non-OEM brakes while covered by Porsche warranty?

Anyone have experience of OPCs stance on using Brembo discs and pads over the OEM ones? Brembo are half the price, but in terms of appearance look very similar.

I could play it safe and just buy Sebro discs and Textar pads, which I believe are actually OEM in all but badging and are also half the price?

Last edited by le_gazman; 05-20-2024 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:22 AM
RwdConnor
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 15 Posts

I just installed Brembo Ceramic Pads and SHW rotors. While the rotors are great, i might have gotten a bad set of pads. The fronts "RUB" ever so slightly on the rotor and create a ticking noise. I am mechanically inclined so i know its not install related. I could just take the pads out, grab some 300 grit paper and level them out. The pads themselves tho, work just fine. Decent stopped power (But not incredible) and virtually 0 dust, which is what i was after.

I grabbed my kit for front and rear off eeuroparts for $500 shipped, which was a steal.
https://eeuroparts.com/product/shw-p...nce/5053480KIT (seems theyre out of stock on the rears tho)

Old 05-20-2024, 05:20 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,228 Posts

what are you worried about exactly?

your warranty won't be voided because you didn't use OEM parts. assuming you're in the USA, that's illegal.

the brakes themselves are a wear item. manufacturing defects of a component are covered by the manufacturer. a component wearing out is usually not covered by anyone other than FCP Euro.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:25 PM
le_gazman
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by asellus
what are you worried about exactly?

your warranty won't be voided because you didn't use OEM parts. assuming you're in the USA, that's illegal.

the brakes themselves are a wear item. manufacturing defects of a component are covered by the manufacturer. a component wearing out is usually not covered by anyone other than FCP Euro.
I’m in the UK, had to swap out a non-OEM windscreen before I was able to claim for water ingress and blown electronics in the past. Ended up nothing to do with the windscreen but Porsche required photos of everything related before they would allow the work to go ahead.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:48 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,228 Posts

welp, then scratch everything I said. No idea!

Quick Reply: Non-OEM brakes while covered by Porsche warranty?