Sponsored by:

Sport Chrono analog clock installation trouble

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 01:40 PM
urbanglowcam
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sport Chrono analog clock installation trouble

Hi. Does anyone have experience installing analog clocks on 991s that came without them? I purchased a replacement 991 dash trim and an analog clock from a similar year Panamera that appears to be plug / play with just a bit of wire splicing with the harness. I basically followed the instructions in the video below. The clock shows power when I turn the ignition on, but then I don't see the digital clock and the analog hands just stay at 12:00 position.

The only thing I DIDN'T do was get a new harness. The clock I purchased had its own already on it but with a red/black wire instead of red/orange. I assume it's the same though? I'm wondering if the clock I purchased is faulty, the Panamera clock isn't compatible (looks nearly identical to similar year Macans, Panameras, 911s, etc.), or if I wired something incorrectly. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by urbanglowcam; 05-12-2024 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-13-2024, 10:25 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 134 Posts

I don't know if the Clock and the Sport Chrono clock require different configurations. I got a harness adapter and plugged in a regular clock and it worked immediately. I believe it was out of a Panamera, fwiw.

There are config options (accessible via 3rd party tools like Thinkdiag, X431, PIWIS or other coding options) that have settings for Sport Chrono. This being independent as to whether the vehicle has the Sport+ and Sport Chrono options necessary to integrate with launch control. it's entirely possible you might have to activate the SC coding values. Might want to check that on the coding threads?
The following users liked this post:
urbanglowcam (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 10:34 AM
urbanglowcam
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wkearney99
I don't know if the Clock and the Sport Chrono clock require different configurations. I got a harness adapter and plugged in a regular clock and it worked immediately. I believe it was out of a Panamera, fwiw.

There are config options (accessible via 3rd party tools like Thinkdiag, X431, PIWIS or other coding options) that have settings for Sport Chrono. This being independent as to whether the vehicle has the Sport+ and Sport Chrono options necessary to integrate with launch control. it's entirely possible you might have to activate the SC coding values. Might want to check that on the coding threads?
That makes sense. I'll look into either getting the regular clock or simply programming this one. Thanks so much for the insight.

The thing is, I am simply looking for this to work as a clock without the stopwatch even since I just have a base 2014 C2. After reading through the comments in the YouTube video, it seems like people were able to do that without having to do any programming. The wire on the harness that came with the clock had different colors, so I wonder if the harness I ordered will help at all.

Last edited by urbanglowcam; 05-13-2024 at 10:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
wkearney99 (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 10:52 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by urbanglowcam
That makes sense. I'll look into either getting the regular clock or simply programming this one. Thanks so much for the insight.

The thing is, I am simply looking for this to work as a clock without the stopwatch even since I just have a base 2014 C2. After reading through the comments in the YouTube video, it seems like people were able to do that without having to do any programming. The wire on the harness that came with the clock had different colors, so I wonder if the harness I ordered will help at all.
I bought a clock/watch from amazon and installed it in a 991.1S that didn't have sport chrono or sport+. The clock worked immediately by splicing the 4 cables from the clock harness to the harness on the PCM following the video post @autoamateur

The clock I bought came with a harness but it was so bulky I just spliced the cables.

Last edited by joserpaq; 05-14-2024 at 03:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono analog clock installation trouble