Sponsored by:

aFe Stage-2 Si Cold Air Intake - Install Improvement

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 02:23 AM
HWY1Driver
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default aFe Stage-2 Si Cold Air Intake - Install Improvement

So after reading a ton of posts on Rennlist about this product, it got a lot of positive feedback. However, one negative aspect kept reappearing. That was the fit of the box wasn’t perfect, causing a bit of a gap at the junction between the stock air inlet and the aFe airbox tubes. Most people had a makeshift fix (foam tape) or accepted it and left it as is. Since most of these reviews were a few years old I hoped that they had resolved the issue. Unfortunately, they had not.

This brings me to the point of creating this post. Upon installing the aFe airbox I too had a gap between the stock air intake and the aFe airbox tubes. I reached out to aFe to see what might be the cause and if they had any suggestions. The customer service rep wasn’t sure how to resolve the issue but said he would talk with the guys in R&D that worked on the product and see if they had any suggestions. Well, a week later a new airbox housing showed up at my door. I was shocked and pleased with their effort. The new box wasn’t much different but had ¼” foam tape around the junction to help seal the gap. A couple of days later the customer service rep called to follow up and see if it solved the issue. Unfortunately, it did not. He said we would get with the R&D guys again and see what they could come up with. Well a week later I got another call and they said they think they have a fix and would send it out the next day. This time they created a couple of rubber gaskets that sealed the two pieces together. They worked PERFECT!! I gave them my feedback and they said they would start rolling these out with the new airboxes and offer them as a fix for people who had purchased the aFe Airbox prior if they needed them.

I can’t stress enough how impressed I am with their effort and attention to customer satisfaction. aFe went out of their way to address the issue and were so transparent in their communication throughout the process. I couldn’t be more satisfied with the results. This is the definition of going above and beyond to make sure the customer is happy. Truly an excellent company that stands behind its product.

Here are some images for reference.

The following 2 users liked this post by HWY1Driver:
Nandska (04-29-2024), Viper1000 (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 04:01 PM
X-PH.COM - MIKE
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 192 Likes on 174 Posts

Thank you for the review
Old 04-29-2024, 09:49 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 443 Likes on 299 Posts

It's nice that they responded positively. However, they should be redesigning the product rather than providing a band aid solution.

Quick Reply: aFe Stage-2 Si Cold Air Intake - Install Improvement