Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 Belt tensioner lever

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2024 | 03:04 PM
kimglangley
Track Day

Default 991.1 Belt tensioner lever

I'm in the process of info/data collection for my 100k service for my 2012 991.1 base Carrera .

Obviously, I have to replace the serpentine belt and belt tensioner shock [shock was still good when I did the 40K service - but I'll replace it this time even if it still looks good. My major question though - what about the belt tensioner LEVER. Does the lever have any internal parts that degrade? or is it just a part that holds/aligns the pulleys and belt in synch. I've read numerous posts ref belt tensioner replacement and no references to the lever. Does anyone replace the lever??
Old 04-23-2024 | 06:09 PM
dannyk304
Instructor

Originally Posted by kimglangley
I'm in the process of info/data collection for my 100k service for my 2012 991.1 base Carrera .

Obviously, I have to replace the serpentine belt and belt tensioner shock [shock was still good when I did the 40K service - but I'll replace it this time even if it still looks good. My major question though - what about the belt tensioner LEVER. Does the lever have any internal parts that degrade? or is it just a part that holds/aligns the pulleys and belt in synch. I've read numerous posts ref belt tensioner replacement and no references to the lever. Does anyone replace the lever??
I just did mine at 107k miles. Changed the belt, tensioner and the tensioner pulley. I did not change the lever, it is a solid piece of aluminum with a pulley and the tensioner attaches to it, and I see no reason to change it unless something is cracked or broken or the 30mm nut itself is stripped. FCP sells OEM pulley that replaces the one on the lever. I just cleaned the lever and put on the new pulley and tensioner and it looks like new. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 991.1 Belt tensioner lever