Oil low pressure and measurement not available during high G

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 11:08 AM
nickkantikas
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil low pressure and measurement not available during high G

Hey guys,
I had these 2 warnings one I couldnt retrieve the code (oil measurement not available -or something on those lines) the other one was oil low pressure code P0524.
First the red warning came for low pressure then the Yellow one for the measurement, both happened when I did a "donut" with the car. It was the first time I did it and it scared me, I dont think its normal to happen this. Theres no different sound coming from the engine after this happened, the warnings cleared quickly and the car drives normally.
I also wonder if the oil pressure shown in the dash is normal being 1.1bar in idle and reaching quickly 4.5bar once I push it all the way up. Is this 1.1bar not too low?

Quick background of the car, I bought it and had a bearing span on me which made me do a complete overhaul of the engine, I bought a brand new shortblock from prosche. Including oil pump and sensors and etc... accessories and headers were kept from the old engine. This happened couple thousand km ago, something like 4k km. I did the normal break in and after 1k km i changed oil. Oil is 5w40 which is what the garage recommended since im located in Abu Dhabi.

Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas?
Old 04-14-2024, 02:35 PM
Tony Yiamkis
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi,
Related. Assume you are talking 991.1 What year.
I am 200 miles into used purchase of 2013 991.1 S 3.8L 77,000 miles
Just did oil change with 5w40w Mobil1 syn.
Oil pressre is same before oil change and after engine warmed and driven 3miles: Presure-15psi at idle, about 38psi at 3,000 rpm.
about 1 bar+- a fraction. On the oil pressure gauge 15psi is just a sliver above the red warning line.
Unsure if i ahould be worried about this.
Changed spark plugs and did compression test. All six cylinders were 250psi+
I would appreciate any input too......