Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear .2S Badging

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2024 | 10:00 PM
trlin
Rennlist Member

Default Rear .2S Badging

I have a white .2S with chrome rear lettering and exhaust tips and was looking to change over to black. Was going to go with the OEM PSE black chrome exhaust tips. Any opinions on wether to go with the matt or gloss black porsche lettering? Anyone know what was standard in black lettering, matt or gloss? Thanks
Old 03-23-2024 | 09:44 AM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

My GBM 991.2 C2S also came with chrome lettering and I switched it to matte black which was standard for the GTS models. IMHO, that’s what looks best as it complements some of the other black plastics on the car including the stone guards. I also went with PORSCHE only and omitted the model which I also think looks great.

As for the tips, first I considered ordering the OEMs in black chrome. Then after realizing the cost, I decided I would remove my OEM ones and have them powder coated. I decided to order some cheap tips off eBay to put on the car while I waited for my OEM ones to get powder coated. Except I never sent them to get done. (At least not yet and it’s been a couple of years). After putting on the cheapo china made eBay tips, I liked them so much I decided to keep them on and they’ve held up very nicely.
The following users liked this post:
DR911s (03-29-2024)
Old 03-23-2024 | 03:54 PM
trlin
Rennlist Member

@Tier1Terrier Thanks for the input greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: Rear .2S Badging