Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walkie talkies

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 04:29 PM
Dr.99
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ve been thinking about this an alternative way…running a meeting in Teams or Zoom via CarPlay. I do think for 2 or 3 people it would be a lot of silent time, so I was looking at ways of sharing phone audio to add music to the meeting. Seems possible, but I haven’t had much time possible to play with it. Just thought I’d throw it out there for more brainstorming.
Old 03-26-2024, 02:44 AM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,177 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
@Kelsey What are the key differences between the Baofeng UV-5R and the Baofeng DF-F8HP?
The BF-F8HP is I believe what you’re looking for. It is the upgraded (3rd gen) of the UV-5R. It’s improved with double the power and slightly better interface, but you’ll still find it easier to program with the CHIRP software (free). If want something waterproof you’ll probably want to look at the UV-9 lineup which is IP67 certified.
Old 03-26-2024, 02:55 AM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,177 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.99
I’ve been thinking about this an alternative way…running a meeting in Teams or Zoom via CarPlay. I do think for 2 or 3 people it would be a lot of silent time, so I was looking at ways of sharing phone audio to add music to the meeting. Seems possible, but I haven’t had much time possible to play with it. Just thought I’d throw it out there for more brainstorming.
I guess that’s doable, for anywhere with cell signal. No signal in the mountains/canyons here, so if you want to talk while driving it’s a radio or bullhorn.

Quick Reply: Walkie talkies