Sponsored by:

Sprint booster

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 01:23 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Sprint booster

I've seen some post about sprint booster and thought it might be a nice upgrade for the cost on a 991.1S. I know it's not adding any power so I want to be clear about that but I find that the throttle really needs to be punched to get the car up to power band. From the comments I think that the change in throttle blade opening could make the car more fun when driving around. If anyone has used one I'd appreciate your opinion.

Did it make the car more fun to drive? Yes or No.

Again, I know it doesn't help the car produce anymore power but I think it may change the way the car feels while accelerating especially when just driving in spirited mode not pedel to the floor mode.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:38 PM
Cayman Ed
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes. Makes the car more responsive and much better than Sports button ON alone.
I have the V3 Sprint Booster & my setting is R3.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:03 PM
Wolpertinger
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 268 Posts

Yes. It makes the throttle more sensitive, more touchy. I've got one in my 991.1 C2S and you can absolutely, 100% feel the difference and it makes the car more fun to drive. I've got the Pedal Commander because I like the app that goes on your phone. You can adjust all the settings with the app.

Now, prepare for naysayers............
The following users liked this post:
Cayman Ed (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 03:44 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,200 Likes on 723 Posts

If you have read the other threads, you have you answer. Adds another dimension to the car, much more fun, quicker response. Car wants to go!
The following users liked this post:
Cayman Ed (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 05:31 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 548 Posts

Have them on my 991.2 and Pan Turbo, deff increase fun factor.
Old 02-25-2024, 08:48 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 135 Posts

From what I understand, all it does it change the slope of the accelerator curve. It doesn't magically find/add power anywhere. So the amount of throttle applied at any given input angle of the pedal gets raised above the factory's chosen level. I've not seen the actual curves the different modes apply.

I had a Sprint Booster in my '17 Cayenne and it did improve off-the-line accelerator action from a dead stop, as the default tended to not spin up the torque converter as effectively as I'd have liked. I seem to recall using a 4 or 5 on the setting for it. The downside to this meant that highway inputs were also dialed up, making for a twitchier pedal when you were at speed. Like anything, you 'get used to it' but it did make for a bit more unexpectedly aggressive throttle on the highway. The module does not adjust itself based on vehicle speed. It's be *great* if that was possible but it isn't, at least not in any of the modules I've seen them promote.

I don't find the accelerator action on my '18 Targa to need the Sprint Booster.

Quick Reply: Sprint booster