Sponsored by:

Oil Leak 991

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 12:07 AM
trantiencong
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak 991

Hello, I own a 911 991. Last week, when I checked the undercarriage, I discovered an oil leak under the engine on the left side. I consulted the articles and suspected it was coming from the high-speed pump. pressure, but the leak is coming from the back, deep inside. Has anyone ever encountered this situation?

Old 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
dannyk304
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts

Bad picture, very difficult to say given that shot - it looks like it's dripping from the valve cover but the problem could be somewhere else and that's just where it's pooling. Could be valve cover gasket, could be an issue with one of the spark plugs, could be the cam position sensor, could be the VVT solenoid. Really need to lift the car and seek out the source. Good luck and let us know what you find out.
Old 02-22-2024, 11:03 AM
SilverSFR
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 58 Posts

Did you just have the oil changed? They might of just spilled some during the fill process.
The following 2 users liked this post by SilverSFR:
CSK 911 C4S (02-22-2024), IXLR8 (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 11:15 AM
trantiencong
6th Gear

Originally Posted by dannyk304
Bad picture, very difficult to say given that shot - it looks like it's dripping from the valve cover but the problem could be somewhere else and that's just where it's pooling. Could be valve cover gasket, could be an issue with one of the spark plugs, could be the cam position sensor, could be the VVT solenoid. Really need to lift the car and seek out the source. Good luck and let us know what you find out.
here are all the pictures I took, tomorrow I will lift the car up and check to see where the leak started.

Old 02-22-2024, 11:16 AM
trantiencong
6th Gear

Originally Posted by SilverSFR
Did you just have the oil changed? They might of just spilled some during the fill process.
The last time I changed the oil was 57,000km ago. Currently 61,000km
Old 02-22-2024, 11:52 AM
dannyk304
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by trantiencong
The last time I changed the oil was 57,000km ago. Currently 61,000km
Good luck, hopefully it's an obvious leaking spot and you don't have to go too crazy to identify, and hope it's nothing too serious. You should remove those heat shields on the valve cover to get a better look. Easily done, remove the tire for easy access. if it's a plug, solenoid or sensor - all are on the valve cover and open to the inside - then that's rather a simple fix and cheap(ish). Do update with what you find or more pictures when you've removed the heat shields.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:44 PM
trantiencong
6th Gear

Originally Posted by dannyk304
Good luck, hopefully it's an obvious leaking spot and you don't have to go too crazy to identify, and hope it's nothing too serious. You should remove those heat shields on the valve cover to get a better look. Easily done, remove the tire for easy access. if it's a plug, solenoid or sensor - all are on the valve cover and open to the inside - then that's rather a simple fix and cheap(ish). Do update with what you find or more pictures when you've removed the heat shields.
In fact, the car ran quite well and didn't have any problems until I noticed a burning smell. it comes from drops of oil falling onto the exhaust. I will notify everyone with pictures and reasons. This is a pretty serious problem.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:54 PM
trantiencong
6th Gear

Hello, I'm back, and the first thing I found when I discovered this leak was no other cause. The main cause comes from Cylinder head with: Valves Cylinder head gasket Valve cover,
bed like Seal Valve cover
cylinders have aged, below is a picture of when cleaning the oil, rust stains begin to seep out of the groove.

I ordered part number 9A110573103
(Seal Valve cover) Although this is not a big problem, installation and replacement is quite time consuming.

Thanks
Old 02-25-2024, 09:22 AM
Cityfisher
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by trantiencong
Hello, I'm back, and the first thing I found when I discovered this leak was no other cause. The main cause comes from Cylinder head with: Valves Cylinder head gasket Valve cover,
bed like Seal Valve cover
cylinders have aged, below is a picture of when cleaning the oil, rust stains begin to seep out of the groove.

I ordered part number 9A110573103
(Seal Valve cover) Although this is not a big problem, installation and replacement is quite time consuming.

Thanks
Engine out job? Your tackling it yourself?

Good luck!
Old 02-25-2024, 10:23 AM
trantiencong
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Cityfisher
Engine out job? Your tackling it yourself?

Good luck!
yes, so easy but it will take time

Quick Reply: Oil Leak 991