Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennstand vs Jackpoint Jackstand Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2024 | 10:30 AM
cbredesen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy
I don't understand any of these uber expensive stand solutions (especially the QuickJack). I lift from the rear jack point high enough to add a quality jack stand under the front jackpoint, add another were the cross member meets the rail and I am done in half the time of all of these other solutions and it's as stable as any of them. 30 years -- never an issue and I only have to jack once on each side. I've seen too many friends fumble around with the QuickJack for 30 plus minutes only to get marginally higher. They do don't perform any additional maintenance then I can ... but to each his own.
For the smooth brains like me can you say a bit more specifically where you are placing the stands? I understand the front - you jack from the rear and it pulls the front up allowing you to put a stand there. Cool.

On the rear, are you placing a stand at the same time somewhere other than a jack point? Or are you re-jacking the car at a different point in order to place a stand on the rear jack point? Sorry for the maybe naive question.
The following users liked this post:
thesaintusa (05-18-2024)

Quick Reply: Rennstand vs Jackpoint Jackstand Comparison