Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worn Side Bolster - 14 Way Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2023 | 03:02 PM
bmwr60_5
3rd Gear

Default Worn Side Bolster - 14 Way Seats

Looking for a shop recommendation that refurbishes side bolsters in Orange County (or LA) My driver side bolster is worn and before it tears/rips I'd like to have it refurbished (that spray "thingy" approach). It anyone has had their seat refurbished vs. replacing the leather panel let me know how you like it (quality and durability). I did look through Rennlist prior posting this thread, but the threads were either old, out of context, for a different city or the shop I looked into is no longer in business or I can't use the search properly...

Thx-

Old 12-31-2023 | 09:59 PM
Captain P
Rennlist Member

I don’t know about LA but know people ship** cars from LA and around the country to Bay Area for leather replacements at https://exclusiveoption.com

Last edited by Captain P; 12-31-2023 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-31-2023 | 10:05 PM
Nashvegas
Pro

Also -- post some photos as reference of your bolster wear, and we can spitball some recommendations.
Old 01-01-2024 | 11:27 PM
dthoke
Track Day

Originally Posted by bmwr60_5
Looking for a shop recommendation that refurbishes side bolsters in Orange County (or LA) My driver side bolster is worn and before it tears/rips I'd like to have it refurbished (that spray "thingy" approach). It anyone has had their seat refurbished vs. replacing the leather panel let me know how you like it (quality and durability). I did look through Rennlist prior posting this thread, but the threads were either old, out of context, for a different city or the shop I looked into is no longer in business or I can't use the search properly...

Thx-
I had the same issue, never had it however in any other car (including a Boxter). Fixed by Downtown LA Porsche (panel replaced). Expresso Leather. They did a good job - obviously sent it out though).
Old 01-03-2024 | 10:03 PM
bmwr60_5
3rd Gear

Sorry for the delay, attached the pictures... Thx-

Old 01-03-2024 | 10:17 PM
Nashvegas
Pro

So you have the non-full leather seats -- and that side panel is vinyl (not leather). The giveaway is the full leather seats are a smooth leather, not grained -- and the side panels are also smooth (mostly untextured) leather. Whereas yours are textured. It's still a high quality material though... !

For this, I think your best bet is
1) Go to your dealer and see who they use for these types of trim repairs, they can probably do a decent job. They probably do this on used and CPO cars (911, Macan, etc)
2) Replacement of the entire seat back surround (I believe it's 1200 for the part from Porsche and still avail).

The problem I've found over the years (most notably on an old Audi with similar condition and material on the side of the seat) is that the repair looks good for a couple years, and if you ever nick it again in that spot, or it creases, the repair looks a bit worse than if you'd never addressed it.

It's a bummer, I know.

Last edited by Nashvegas; 01-03-2024 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-04-2024 | 09:20 PM
bmwr60_5
3rd Gear

Hi Nashvegas/All - Thanks for the additional details and guidance above. This should guide me in the right direction...
The following users liked this post:
Nashvegas (01-05-2024)

Quick Reply: Worn Side Bolster - 14 Way Seats