Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbox vacuum valves - which one is not replaceable without replacing the airbox?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2023, 06:55 PM
Bluey
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Airbox vacuum valves - which one is not replaceable without replacing the airbox?

Hey all. Recently brought my 991 in to diag the dreaded cooling system yellow error warning and sure enough, the dealer is claiming it’s a damaged or faulty vacuum valve.

The dealer said that the valve can’t be replaced separately as it’s molded into the airbox so the entire airbox needs to be replaced! They mentioned that it had to do with the sound symposer. They said it won’t hurt anything except that the resulting vacuum leak could eventually damage other stuff.

Ive done a lot of research on the whole COV valve fault issue, but I have never heard about a valve like the one they’re describing.

is this the Helmholtz resonator flap valve or the sound symposer valve? Which one is molded directly into the airbox?

Most of the aftermarket intake systems (Rennline, aFe) seem to have eliminated at least one of the valves on the underside of the airbox, so it seems that not all valves are required.

What am I missing?

Quick Reply: Airbox vacuum valves - which one is not replaceable without replacing the airbox?