Aftermarket Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 07:55 AM
glgofast
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Wheels

Hi Guys, I recently bought a

2013 991.1 base model which has 20" Hyper Silver forged wheels sold by Brooksmotos_wheels whose sales channel is Ebay. I haven't been able of find any consequential feedback on the quality of the wheels other than the high buyer satisfaction rate that the seller, Brooksmotos, enjoys, 99%. Does anyone on this forum have either experience or knowledge about these wheels regarding their quality, shortcomings, etc.?

Best, --g
Old 07-09-2023, 03:41 PM
Oleg Car Improvements
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

These wheels are most likely Chinese replicas. I seriously doubt they are forged. Looking at the seller’s selection and pricing, it’s pretty obvious that he sells knock off wheels. The GT design of your wheels is commonly replicated.

If you are interested in OEM wheels for your car, I have the set pictured. Reach out for details or check the link below

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1314927

Old 07-09-2023, 11:35 PM
glgofast
6th Gear

Thanks for your reply. How can I reach you for a quick chat about your wheels. Are you on WhatsApp?
Old 07-10-2023, 11:46 PM
Oleg Car Improvements
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by glgofast
Thanks for your reply. How can I reach you for a quick chat about your wheels. Are you on WhatsApp?
Email me: olegd55555 AT icloud DOT com
Old 07-11-2023, 02:04 AM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by glgofast
Hi Guys, I recently bought a

2013 991.1 base model which has 20" Hyper Silver forged wheels sold by Brooksmotos_wheels whose sales channel is Ebay. I haven't been able of find any consequential feedback on the quality of the wheels other than the high buyer satisfaction rate that the seller, Brooksmotos, enjoys, 99%. Does anyone on this forum have either experience or knowledge about these wheels regarding their quality, shortcomings, etc.?

Best, --g
I’ve a set of brooksmotos wheels on my 991.1 C2S. There are a few threads in rennlist on the wheels, here’s one - https://rennlist.com/forums/general-...xperience.html

And another - https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post18892326

There are some posts about positive experiences in other general threads too - but you’ve to search. Some said that these are in the leagues of Vossen, Rohana - kinda low-to-mid range of forged wheels.

Of course these are rotary forged wheels - still better than low pressure cast wheels and much lighter than them. But don’t mistake them to be the same kind of forged wheels as BC or APEX etc. For street use they’re totally fine. I’ve been running them for 3 years, no issues.

I’ve no affiliation with the seller, I’m just a happy customer. I wanted a set of 991.2 style wheels for my 991.1. On my previous 997s I had the Fuchs style wheels, so I wanted something similar, but not the same 😊

You can negotiate a bit on the price saying you’re from rennlist. The seller was responsive on WhatsApp - even sent pictures of the wheels being made.

Old 07-11-2023, 07:13 AM
glgofast
6th Gear

I really appreciate your thoughtful response, very helpful.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheels