Sponsored by:

Can PSE cut in be modified?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Logicalct
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can PSE cut in be modified?

I have a 2014 Carrera S that I added cat-less headers and an exhaust that is straight pipes when PSE is open. The sound of the flat six is addictive!

The problem is that the PSE opens automatically at 3-4k RPM and moderate acceleration. That was fine with the factory exhaust, but I would rather stay stealth when I want to, and manually hit the button when I want to beat my chest. Any way to program this?
Old 05-25-2023, 02:30 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by Logicalct
I have a 2014 Carrera S that I added cat-less headers and an exhaust that is straight pipes when PSE is open. The sound of the flat six is addictive!

The problem is that the PSE opens automatically at 3-4k RPM and moderate acceleration. That was fine with the factory exhaust, but I would rather stay stealth when I want to, and manually hit the button when I want to beat my chest. Any way to program this?

There could be a way in the PIWIS, but have not heard of anyone doing this. the only other option I can think of is installing some type of remote controlled air valve somewhere before the control valves so you can enter super stealth mode.
Old 05-25-2023, 07:04 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 159 Posts

Can be done by custom ECU tuning. I was in the same situation as you, and had a local shop tune that behavior out for me.
Old 05-25-2023, 07:07 PM
Catharpin
Burning Brakes

Received 556 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Logicalct

Does your car get super loud when you stop, and not change until 5mph?
Old 05-26-2023, 07:53 AM
Logicalct
AutoX

Perfect. I assumed it was possible and am glad you could confirm!
Old 05-26-2023, 07:56 AM
Logicalct
AutoX

Originally Posted by Catharpin
Does your car get super loud when you stop, and not change until 5mph?
No. Mine is loud when I start the car, and quiet's down when it builds vacuum. I'm happy with that. I can drive stealth until I moderately accelerate and cross around 3k RPM's.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:17 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,262 Likes on 667 Posts

Yep, I went catless with Vektor headers. With valves closed its perfect. With them open it goes off like a gunshot.

i too never liked how they would randomly open at lower rom (3,000ish). So i have had mine programmed to stay closed much longer. Its now perfect for stealth streeting.

but as soon as you nail it, they will open. Perfect for when that surge of blood strikes.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:45 AM
Logicalct
AutoX

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Yep, I went catless with Vektor headers. With valves closed its perfect. With them open it goes off like a gunshot.

i too never liked how they would randomly open at lower rom (3,000ish). So i have had mine programmed to stay closed much longer. Its now perfect for stealth streeting.

but as soon as you nail it, they will open. Perfect for when that surge of blood strikes.
Perfect. Time to find a good tuner in CT.

Quick Reply: Can PSE cut in be modified?