991.2 C2 - suspension journey

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 12:58 PM
Jespinal
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 991.2 C2 - suspension journey

Hi guys!
so I have a '17 911 C2 7MT which I absolutely love. I’ve done a fair amount of work to it but yesterday was the first time that I took out to the canyons (Angeles crest in LA) and finally gave it a proper go and realized that the suspension needs some more love.

Mainly I felt as if there was a fair amount of roll, turn in wasn’t as immediate as would’ve liked, and just an overall feeling of softness/sloppiness that made me a little hesitant to push it harder. The front end felt really floaty and disconnected. For context , my reference is a 17 M3 competition equipped with a HAS kit and that car feels absolutely planted and confidence inspiring.

mods as follows:
softronic tune
soul sport cats and exhaust
KW HAS kit (sourced from litchfeld, so it was whatever spring rates they deemed proper for the car)
Bilstein B6 dampers (not the oem B4 replacements)
Elephant racing caster adjustment pucks
Michelin P4S
AP racing BBK

This car is my weekend /date/ canyon car so I can go a little more aggressive than normal. Was considering ordering either a Tarret or Elephant racing suspension package but wanted to ask the incredible brain trust of this forum what you guys think. This this is basically a baby GTS ( 7 speed, 500 HP/500tq RWD) at this point but I feel like it doesn’t handle like one…

fyi I have a dcs comtroller on order as well!
The following users liked this post:
The Ox (05-14-2023)
Old 05-14-2023, 01:10 PM
jpu1
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 76 Posts

Repeat it with the DSC controller and see how you feel. Of course there's better setups out there compared to the very solid one you already have, but I think you may be happy with how the car tightens up with the DSC controller. I'm running a marginally similar setup to you and it handled 1000+ of mountains road very compliantly.
Old 05-14-2023, 03:04 PM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Jespinal
Hi guys!
so I have a '17 911 C2 7MT which I absolutely love. I’ve done a fair amount of work to it but yesterday was the first time that I took out to the canyons (Angeles crest in LA) and finally gave it a proper go and realized that the suspension needs some more love.

Mainly I felt as if there was a fair amount of roll, turn in wasn’t as immediate as would’ve liked, and just an overall feeling of softness/sloppiness that made me a little hesitant to push it harder. The front end felt really floaty and disconnected. For context , my reference is a 17 M3 competition equipped with a HAS kit and that car feels absolutely planted and confidence inspiring.

mods as follows:
softronic tune
soul sport cats and exhaust
KW HAS kit (sourced from litchfeld, so it was whatever spring rates they deemed proper for the car)
Bilstein B6 dampers (not the oem B4 replacements)
Elephant racing caster adjustment pucks
Michelin P4S
AP racing BBK

This car is my weekend /date/ canyon car so I can go a little more aggressive than normal. Was considering ordering either a Tarret or Elephant racing suspension package but wanted to ask the incredible brain trust of this forum what you guys think. This this is basically a baby GTS ( 7 speed, 500 HP/500tq RWD) at this point but I feel like it doesn’t handle like one…

fyi I have a dcs comtroller on order as well!

The DCS will help a lot. I have the Litchfield HAS kit on stock shocks also. I have the E-Motion front spherical bearing suspension with added -2.5 camber front and rear and turn in is really sharp with this set up. Was going to get sway bars but don't think I need them with the DCS. Really no body roll.

Quick Reply: 991.2 C2 - suspension journey