Sponsored by:

Easy Entry … in the sun

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 08:57 PM
rwbern
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 388 Posts
Default Easy Entry … in the sun

Great day in southern LA; bright sun in the high 70’s & a little breeze. Turned the key for a short drive & stopped at the neighborhood watering hole on the way home. Parked the car in the lot, drivers side facing the afternoon sun. After a cold one, went to the car to get something & the entry would not work. Ok, try the passénger side that had been in the shade. No problem. For grins, tried locking on the drivers side; no luck. Passenger side, touched the lock & it locked up.
not a big deal, just something to be aware of if you have a first date in the car 😀

Last edited by rwbern; 04-22-2023 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2023, 10:17 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,064 Likes on 1,280 Posts

shouldn't cause an issue. certainly didn't on mine. check for codes, perhaps the sensor is on its way out.
Old 04-23-2023, 07:46 AM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 183 Posts

It is unlikely that it was caused by the sun. People park their cars in the sun all the time. You probably have a problem with the door lock sensor. The driver's door gets most of the action so it will always be the first to go. Mine stopped working (intermittently at first) and I replaced it. The part was only about $50 but it was a real pain to remove and replace. The door panel needs to come off. Then the handle needs to be removed and it is a bit of a jigsaw puzzle to get it out and then worse to put it back in. You need to have the handle painted to match the car which cost more than the part itself and was an additional step. And you need to reuse parts of the old handle which requires pulling wires and reinstalling in the new one. It is not an easy fix but it worked flawlessly when it was done.

Quick Reply: Easy Entry … in the sun