Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name that part…

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2023 | 08:15 PM
Alc
Racer

Default Name that part…

I broke a small plastic clip/fastener that holds one of the cooling fan’s wire to the body of the 991.2. The fans are the ones directly under the engine compartment lid for reference. These clips are removed each time it is serviced to include oil changes. It was a cheap plastic part destined to break from removal. Can anybody point me in the right direction for the part number?

A very closeup picture of the 1” clip.
Old 04-14-2023 | 09:25 PM
911BOSS
Rennlist Member

The part number is a Hellermann Tyton 155-30702 FT6LG YAK. They come in bags of like 100 from suppliers. I was able to buy a bag of 20 off of Ebay a while back, but I just checked and they are none being offered at this time. If you just need one, PM and I can send you from my stash. They always seem to break when you pry them out.
The following 2 users liked this post by 911BOSS:
981KMAN (04-15-2023), BSO (04-14-2023)
Old 04-15-2023 | 08:15 PM
DR911s
Racer

Remember that you don't have to use a pry tool to disconnect any clips or to remove the fans or to disconnect their electrical connectors to access the oil filter. I just did my first ever oil change on a Porsche, my 2017 C2S. Look in this forum for Oil Change using the forum search engine.

Try the information in this thread, as in the later revisions by the original posters:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1255...more-tips.html

I used Rhino Ramps to support the car with its back end lifted and the front wheels on the floor, and used a box to support my molded plastic oil drain pan and storage container so that the draining oil wouldn't drop very far from the engine and thus wouldn't splash much. Then I used the drained oil together with a couple of old [empty] 5 quart oil jugs to measure the amount of oil that I drained, and refilled with that amount minus a half quart. My car drained a bit over 9 quarts, and I put 9 quarts in which resulted in the oil level graphic display indicating that I was about 7/8 of the vertical distance from the bottom to the top of the display. I did not add any more oil after that. I used an iCarsoft POR V3.0 to reset the service reminder.
Old 04-15-2023 | 09:05 PM
Alc
Racer

Thanks for the info @911BOSS really helped me out with this as well. The oil changes definitely weakened the clip but ultimately accomplishing the 4-yr service which requires getting to the air filter and removing EVERYTHING including the spoiler and those fans was the demise of that clip not simply the oil change. I plan to use the advice you and the others have given for my next endeavor.

Quick Reply: Name that part…