Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Realized why i love fcpeuro so much, anyone ever purchase from newparts.com?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2023, 07:49 PM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Realized why i love fcpeuro so much, anyone ever purchase from newparts.com?

Hello everyone,

I put this in the 991 tech discussion only because this is related to my experience recently purchasing 991 parts, but not sure if this is where it needs to go. Anyways ill try to summarize this as quickly as i can. So i have always used FCPEuro to purchase the parts for my Cayenne, and my 911 and they have always been amazing, never an issue. My 911 is needing a brake job soon so im browsing FCPeuro to decide what brakes im going to purchase, and see that mostly everything that isnt high performance/racing is on back order (im sure due to ukraine war/ or ongoing supply chain issues). I think specifcally for the rear brakes/pads there was like nothing available except the OEM Porsche pads, which i probably would have just purchased cuz i thought they actually werent that expensive for Porsche OEM ($175 i think they were). But i figured since this is the 911 let me see if i can find something better like Akebono or Brembo. The only other site i could find that had all the brembo parts for Porsche was newparts.com.

Im on newparts.com and i see they have every brembo brake option for the 911 which was awesome, and pricing seemed excellent. So i put in my model year, the site showed me what pads/rotors/sensors fit and i chose what i wanted and added to my cart. Now this is just the beginning of the unbelievable mess this site is and that im about to deal with their support person. There was some issue i found with their listing for the brake pad wear sensors that i contacted support about. I think it was something like they only were showing single contact sensors for my car, and i was asking where is the double contact sensor option. The support person asks for my VIN and i asked if there was a double contact sensor option that i could purchase for the pads that i had chosen for front and rear and I included the link to the pads i wanted.

She replied a few hours later saying yes we do have double contact sensors, here is the link for them, but for whatever reason they do not show up in the search option for my 911 model. I wasnt going to get into that though i was going to just purchase them and be done. Literally right before im about to purchase everything i get another email from that support person about an hour later that says "by the way the links you sent for the pads you want dont fit the VIN you gave me" and you need the following front and rear pads for that VIN, and includes the links to the correct fitting pads (which to her credit, was amazing! I later figured she must know how bad the site is). So i reply and im like what? i put in the make/model/year that the site asked and those parts your showing me didnt come up at all, and when i click on them now they say DOES NOT FIT YOUR VEHICLE. So she sends me a picture of the parts diagram from porsche with all the porsche part numbers they use to cross-reference with whatever aftermarket part, in this case Brembo. So im like what the heck if both the fron/rear pads are wrong can you confirm the rotors that showed up in the search are correct/or not as well, and i sent her the links to the rotors. She replies and says no those arent the correct rotors either you need so and so for your car. I couldnt believe this so i called their support number to confirm. I believed the support person especially since she showed me the part numbers, but I just couldnt believe the site would be this wrong/inaccurate so i was hoping a second support person can confirm this. When i called though, the same person in the emails answered the phone.

I eventually ordered the parts and they came, but they still sent the wrong sensors!!! Im sure they will just re-send me the correct ones, again the support person was excellent. Safe to say ill never use this site again, but how can this be the only other major online retailer for aftermarket Porsche parts besides FCPEuro??? Dont get me wrong, im not bashing the company, and the only reason i wont be ordering again is only due to how innacurate the website it, and Brembo is pretty much the only brand I would want that is not on FCPEuro for the 911. I also don't want to be contacting support every time i need to purchase a part, because i dont trust the website.

Anyways to make a long story a little shorter, i asked a couple friends with porsche's if they had ever heard of the site, and all said no and have only used FCPeuro. Which wasnt surprising because thats all i knew as well. Has anyone ever used this site before, and can you share your experience?

Last edited by mikescayenne; 04-02-2023 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:53 AM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,216 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by mikescayenne
how can this be the only other major online retailer for aftermarket Porsche parts besides FCPEuro???
Pelican Parts, Rock Auto, plenty of places sell parts for Porsches.
Old 04-02-2023, 05:17 AM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by MingusDew
Pelican Parts, Rock Auto, plenty of places sell parts for Porsches.
I apologize i worded that last sentence about porsche parts incorrectly. I meant to say that i could only find 1 other online retailer that had all the Brembo options for Porsche. Regarding the 2 sites you mentioned above, just off the top of my head, I remember pelicanparts was the first place i checked as it was the only other site I was familiar with besides FCPEuro and they had no Brembo parts for Porsche at all. Rockauto was one of the sites i visited atter i started googling other places, and what an interesting site! Regarding brembo, i think they did have 1 pad option but only for front, and it wasnt what i wanted (i wanted the brembo ceramic pads they make for the 991) it was the semi-metallic. But holy cow they had a bunch of pads for the 991 that only cost $30-$40, lol i mean it was a couple different economy brands but who cares its cool to have optioins, lol. They also had a ton of rotor options from Pagid that i never seen on fcpeuro, and for super cheap, lol!

I remember the only sites i found for the 991 brembo brakes (and i even searched for my 958.1 cayenne, and same thing) was their own resale site brembostoreusa.com, and the newparts.com site i purchased from. The only other site that had any brembo part at all for the 991, was randomly tirerack.com had every single one of the Brembo Big Brake kits available for the 991?!?!? All ranging from like $5k-$8k, lol. I think a couple random sites also had some brembo parts but for the 996 only.. Ofcourse im not picky about brembo or anything but i always thought they were the biggest name in automotive performance brakes, and they would be available everywhere.

Last edited by mikescayenne; 04-02-2023 at 07:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Realized why i love fcpeuro so much, anyone ever purchase from newparts.com?