Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of Reviews up on YouTube of my 991.2 Carrera T

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2023 | 06:04 PM
devtec
Rennlist Member

Default Couple of Reviews up on YouTube of my 991.2 Carrera T

So my Carrera T is my daily, my wife doesn't drive a manual trans, and I don't have enough car friends, LOL, so I never get the treat of either being a passenger in my car or actually watching it motion…

That's now changed as I did meet a couple of car guys on YouTube who have their own channels (Zygrene and Jubbal on Cars) and said they'd love to review the car. We met a few weeks ago while they were also reviewing an NSX and a Cayman GTS 4.0. The reviews are now up, and gotta say it was great fun hanging out, and seeing good drivers push my car a bit.

Hope you enjoy! Have to agree with many of their insights!

Here's the blurb I wrote in the comments to introduce the car:

"Thank you for reviewing my car! Great fun to hang out with you, see you pushing the car, and to have it memorialized on YouTube!

Getting this car has been a long-time dream fulfilled. I was lucky enough to find it used right before the pandemic caused prices to shoot up, greatly increasing the value proposition of this car. With buying a T used and a few easy mods, you get a 911 with a compelling ethos: something in between / approaching a GT3 Touring (in rawness/lightness) and a Turbo (in power and delivery), but at less than half the price. Some might say blasphemy, others might say man are we lucky to even have the option.

For those curious, I was inspired to get the T from the Litchfield reviews up on YouTube (see link below). I do love the tune, and especially the Vektor headers on the car, which without question increased throttle response and decreased turbo spooling time, making it feel closer to NA but with the incredible torque. Best of both worlds. I do cringe at the crackles and pops, but believe it or not, the tune did greatly reduce them (also not sure if Fenton was in Sport mode or Sport Plus, which reduces them even more). Other highlights for me have been the Numeric short shifter which nears the S2000 in bliss, the DSC Sport which significantly improves compliance, and the Antigravity lithium battery which saved another 35lbs.

I did try a used Akrapovic exhaust, and high flow cats, but both were a bit too loud and droney (at 2500rpm) for me. The engine/exhaust was dismayingly quiet though when stock, so Vektor definitely Goldilocks. Another quirk of the car has been the amount of rattles, but with a little obsessive use of felt tape, those have been readily solved. I do wish my T had RAS… ah well. Being lucky enough to have this T as my daily driver, who can complain.

Agree with your conclusions, Fenton (both positive and negative). Hate that parking brake. In current form the car is an effortless machine, if perhaps slightly clinical. But can’t help being blown away with appreciation for its sheer competence. Many thanks to you again, and to all of you for the comments!"

And here's the Litchfield video from a few years ago I found so inspiring:

Last edited by devtec; 03-21-2023 at 12:43 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by devtec:
F355bob (03-20-2023), flasch (03-27-2023), Hemsporsche911 (03-21-2023), jt3sd (03-21-2023), MingusDew (03-20-2023), S S (03-20-2023), smell911 (04-09-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-20-2023 | 08:57 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

GT Silver is the fastest color on Porsches
The following users liked this post:
devtec (03-20-2023)
Old 03-21-2023 | 02:21 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

I've been watching Zygrene for a while. Awesome to see your car on there!
The following users liked this post:
devtec (03-21-2023)

Quick Reply: Couple of Reviews up on YouTube of my 991.2 Carrera T