Sponsored by:

991 Alignment - Rear Toe

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 11:39 PM
VitaminZ
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 Alignment - Rear Toe

I recently picked up a 2013 4S that had been lowered with the H&R sport springs. The seller provided me with the original springs. I’m going back to the original springs partially due to my steep driveway and not so great roads in Denver.

The shop that installed the OEM springs took the car to the alignment shop and that shop said the left rear is barely within toe alignment spec at the end of the adjustment which doesn't seem right. The car has 22k miles and to my knowledge never been in an accident. It does have 20mm rear spacers from the prior owner but that shouldn't cause this issue. Bushings looked good and nothing looks bent.

Can anyone offer some advice as to why the factory alignment spec would be at the end of the adjustment?

thanks in advance
Old 03-04-2023, 01:59 AM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,320 Posts

either something's broken/bent or they don't know what they're doing. I would assume the former, given the 991 is extraordinarily easy to align.

I'd ask the shop why they think a car with OE suspension components has trouble hitting the factory specified alignment ranges and go from there.

alternately, if you're cool with being under the car, start taking measurements. things can look good, but end up being a 1/4" or more out of whack. corner corner measurements of components are your friend!
Old 03-04-2023, 02:27 AM
Nathan_
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Have you got RAS?
Old 03-04-2023, 10:16 AM
VitaminZ
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. No RAS per Vin Analytics. I didn’t think that was an option on a 991.1 S. The shop is putting it back on the lift today to see if there’s anything noticeably bent on the tie rod or control arm. I will update once I know more.

Quick Reply: 991 Alignment - Rear Toe