991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 seat movement

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2023 | 11:56 AM
HardRider
Racer

Usually when starting from a stop I feel movement in the seat mechanism. Slop, 1/8" jerk. Similar to my old 2002 Envoy after 150K miles. Not similar to my 20 year old 200K plus mile Lexus, which is rock solid, lol.
Old 02-24-2023 | 05:58 PM
HardRider
Racer

Ok this is interesting. I park car with no seat movement I can feel. Next day when car completely cool if I grab bottom and slide back it moves 1/8" which is about the movement I feel. I also notice my wipers pulse, passenger door side window pulses when shutting off car. I assume this is normal. Is it possible the seat is getting a little juice and getting unloaded when off? If anyone could grab their seat bottom and try to slide back when COLD let me know if there is any movement. Again once it moves it doesn't move again while driving. Thanks in advance. I beginning to think may be characteristic.

Well I just went and tested passenger seat. All but convince wear existing in jack screw mechanism. Hopefully it will progress before CPO expires and replaced

Last edited by HardRider; 02-24-2023 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2023 | 09:16 PM
VII7
Racer

Do you have easy entry on? (That might prevent the play you are describing)
My passanger window sometimes inexplicably loses sync and needs to be re synced to prevent it from lowering and whistling.
The movement of wipers is by design.
Old 02-24-2023 | 11:01 PM
HardRider
Racer

I do not but I feel previous owner did. I reprogrammed key so it never moves anymore. Good ideal though!!
Old 11-28-2023 | 12:53 PM
HardRider
Racer

Well I am tired of the seat movement but I found a way to duplicate for dealer. If I grab the backrest of the seat while sitting (reach over my shoulder) and pull the backrest forward and then push back on the whole seat assembly (foot on dead pedal) the backrest actually clunks due to the slop in the assembly. If I sit in seat and pull the backrest forward but lean my body forward away from the back rest and push the seat bottom zero movement. Ridiculous if you ask me. I have an appointment scheduled with Porshe next week. The passenger seat exhibits some backrest movement but not enough to feel. I assume its a wear issue with 20K mile LOL!!! My 2001 Lexus with 215K miles has ZERO movement in any direction regardless of how you apply force. Same as the 4runner and tundra. Last time I had a seat with slop was a 2001 GMC Envoy with 140K miles. Seat movements in Porsche seam to be a characteristic as I see its an issue on the Macan and other forums....